College students vote to ban American flag

Help Support CattleToday:

If I were to be in a foreign country I'd EXPECT them to fly their flag, especially at gov't financed institutions....

And this comes from a guy who doesn't fly any flags... we're all people after all.

Yep--vetoed by higher ups. I suspect they got a lot of irate "input" from alumni and financial contributors about this.

john250":1tt0avr8 said:
What are the chances they have a USA sponsored scholarship or loan?

And how many graduates come out of college with huge debt and can't find jobs to pay their debt? College was basically free when we had a strong middle class. Now we gouge students for profit.

I wonder why at this time in history we have so many people feeling less love "from" America?

Guess you missed that all inspiring kenedy speech of ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. Too many leaches wanting to get something "from".

Why lie? College has never been free. But you're right, your people in charge have caused the cost to soar. And everyone shouldn't go to college. Too many people there now that can't hack the work or don't want to work.

Many would be better off getting a job and saving money. Of course that goes back to being responsible and not trying to get everything "from" other people.

Commercialfarmer":21gq21dv said:
Many would be better off getting a job and saving money. Of course that goes back to being responsible and not trying to get everything "from" other people.

And they learned those values or lack thereof at HOME !!!!

Very true TB. But I would gave to agree with CF that there are college kids that have no business being in college and their just wasting valuable space.

My understanding after reading the news about the kids who attempted to ban the flag are really getting their butts kicked over it. And deservingly so!

Compare the number of people trying to get into this country compared to those trying to leave. That should stop the argument. I had an Egyptian speak to my class once. He explained that the average person there makes $2 per day. Had a couple speak that took:
a trip to Guatemala . They said wages there are $2 per day, if you can find a job. This couple spent their time and money helping the people that lived in the dump that scavenge for a living.

James T":3trmejki said:
Very true TB. But I would gave to agree with CF that there are college kids that have no business being in college and their just wasting valuable space.

My understanding after reading the news about the kids who attempted to ban the flag are really getting their butts kicked over it. And deservingly so!
Agree....borrow over a hundred grand to study something that has zero future then bytch about not being able to find a job. Just not a big demand for poets, orchestra directors and ceramic molders. Go to trade school and become a mortician...you'll never be unemployed.

TexasBred":1aukpbfa said:
Go to trade school and become a mortician...you'll never be unemployed.

My grandfather used to say that the two best careers were to own a liquor store or be a funeral director, because no matter how bad times get people are always going to drink and they're always going to die.

Rafter S":3gku5oc7 said:
TexasBred":3gku5oc7 said:

My grandfather used to say that the two best careers were to own a liquor store or be a funeral director, because now matter how bad times get people are always going to drink and they're always going to die.
Tire store third. They are going to ride to the very last.

jedstivers":2kgovja2 said:
Rafter S":2kgovja2 said:
TexasBred":2kgovja2 said:

My grandfather used to say that the two best careers were to own a liquor store or be a funeral director, because now matter how bad times get people are always going to drink and they're always going to die.
Jed...went to the "city" a few months ago.....they have a "rent a tire" store there. You can rent you a set of those big a$$ tires and wheels and look like a real "big pimp daddy" then take them back after you've impressed everyone. Now if you go and get your a$#$ kilt while cruising I have no idea what happens.

My grandfather used to say that the two best careers were to own a liquor store or be a funeral director, because now matter how bad times get people are always going to drink and they're always going to die.[/quote]
Jed...went to the "city" a few months ago.....they have a "rent a tire" store there. You can rent you a set of those big a$$ tires and wheels and look like a real "big pimp daddy" then take them back after you've impressed everyone. Now if you go and get your a$#$ kilt while cruising I have no idea what happens.[/quote][/quote]
I heard about such a thing.

Latest posts