College prof

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig-TX

Reaction score
A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated he was going to prove there was no God. Addressing the ceiling, he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall. Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

His count-down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine just released from active duty and newly registered in the class - walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him tumbling from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold! At first, the students were shocked and babbled in confusion.

The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silently. The class fell silent...waiting.

Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

"God was busy. He sent me."

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":20sz0x22 said:
Excellent, I will send this to my son in Iraq. :cboy:

Have you heard from your son. If so you tell that boy to be careful and we appreciate what he is doing. God Bless

Campground Cattle":2adfgrq3 said:
SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":2adfgrq3 said:
Excellent, I will send this to my son in Iraq. :cboy:

Have you heard from your son. If so you tell that boy to be careful and we appreciate what he is doing. God Bless

Heard from him today so at least I know he was safe late this afternoon our time.They had a rough go of it this past weekend,and took several casualties. Thank you for your sentiments,they are appreciated. :cboy:

Real glad to hear he is OK, thanks for letting us know.

Glad to know that he is OK.
Please keep us posted on what you hear from him.
May God bless him and our other Men and Women in uniform.
I wonder if they know how much they are appreciated.

la4angus":auyjbrfe said:

I tell him every chance I get, I also forward evryones comments made in this thread. Thank you all.

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":u3q6xs4r said:
la4angus":u3q6xs4r said:

I tell him every chance I get, I also forward evryones comments made in this thread. Thank you all.
Please let your son and his comrades know that words cannot express our heartfelt thanks and goodwishes. We will continue to pray for them and to lend our support in whatever ways are possible.

Please forward our thanks to your son and his comrades. We believe in them and the job that they are doing. May they all return home safely, and be received as the heros that they truly are.

Lee, Stacie, Bryan, David, and Justin

add my thanks and well-wishes to them also.

(it might be a good gift for him if others would add on to this thread & you can print it out & send it with a letter to him.)

txag":2yd9k2y8 said:
add my thanks and well-wishes to them also.

(it might be a good gift for him if others would add on to this thread & you can print it out & send it with a letter to him.)

That is exactly what I would like to do.Unfortunately, what little news they get is from sources like CNN (the Clinton or Crescent News Network) ,which is about as liberal and left slanted as you can get.

My family sends our thanks and appreciation for what your son and all of our military are doing for us and our country. We pray for the safe returns of them all very soon! May God bless them and protect them in everything they do.

My family and I send our best wishes and our deepest heartfelt gratitude for the work your son and his fellow soldiers are doing. As long as there is a breath in me I will defend our soldiers honor to any one that questions it. So far in my home town there is nothing but praise for our military. God richly bless you and God speed for a safe return.

Words are so ineffectual in expressing our most heartfelt thanks and gratitude for your son's service. May God hold him safe in His hands, guide him, and provide him with strength.

tell your son that he and his comrades are in our thought 24-7 and to keep up the good work.

Personally, I am blessed with not having a loved one on "active" duty yet. Tell your son we are all praying for the safe return of him amd his fellow soliders. God speed

Latest posts