College FB coaching carousel has began

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1pw87y9g said:
Houston Reagent Chairman says: Two names believed to have interest are former LSU coach Les Miles and former Baylor coach Art Briles. A person with knowledge of the process said the school plans to contact West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen. UH also plans to interview two in-house candidates – interim coach/defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite.

"Fertitta said he has received numerous calls from those close to the Baylor program voicing support for Briles.
"There's a lot of administrator and ex administrators and board of regents from Baylor that say that Art Briles was a scapegoat at Baylor," Fertitta said. "I've had calls from ex chairman of the board of regents there, current big booster there, lawyers that represent Baylor. I have not had one negative call about Art Briles. But there still seems to be a clarity issue."

Fertitta also said whoever they go with was going to have a bigger buyout clause.

"Also, Fertitta said the next UH coach's contract will include a hefty buyout over the first couple of years in an effort to keep other schools from poaching.
"I've put it out there, if you want a cheap buyout the first couple years, then don't come apply," he said.
Herman had a $2.5 million buyout.
"There are too many coaches that want this job," Fertitta said. "I'm not going to have a coaching change again after next year or the year after.""

I have a hard time believing Les or Dana would have interest in a team outside the power 5. Art I could see being interested if he doesn't draw any attention from a power 5 school, and he very well may not because what happened at Baylor.

Waco from what I've seen, read and heard Briles is as guilty as sin.He was well aware of the assaults, rapes, etc. involving his team members and did nothing period !!! I hope he never coaches again.

TexasBred":twhmsvbr said:
Waco from what I've seen, read and heard Briles is as guilty as sin.He was well aware of the assaults, rapes, etc. involving his team members and did nothing period !!! I hope he never coaches again.

Briles knew the type of players he was bringing in. The kid that raped the soccer player I think his name was Brown he came from Boise ST. The reason Bosie ST let him go is because he assaulted some girls up there but not enough evidence to put him in jail. The coach at Boise ST let other coaches and scouts know what was up with the kid but Briles brought him to Baylor anyways. The Texans coach when he was at Penn ST kicked Oakman off the team for assaulting a girl in a book store it wasn't sexual just assault he is now accused of raping a girl at Baylor.

wacocowboy":77rgnfc0 said:
TexasBred":77rgnfc0 said:

Briles knew the type of players he was bringing in. The kid that raped the soccer player I think his name was Brown he came from Boise ST. The reason Bosie ST let him go is because he assaulted some girls up there but not enough evidence to put him in jail. The coach at Boise ST let other coaches and scouts know what was up with the kid but Briles brought him to Baylor anyways. The Texans coach when he was at Penn ST kicked Oakman off the team for assaulting a girl in a book store it wasn't sexual just assault he is now accused of raping a girl at Baylor.
Him and about a half dozen other athletes are accused. I believe one incident involved 5 athletes. And from what I hear Briles was informed when each rape occurred and did nothing.

Local news says Houston may announce their choice as soon as tomorrow. Won't be W. Va's Dana Halgorsen--he re-committed to W. Va already, with a 5 yr extension and big pay raise..
Oklahoma OC Lincoln Riley supposedly top contender, with Lane Kiffen close behind, then Les Miles as 3rd choice after all have interviewed..

greybeard":7xrkntbe said:
Local news says Houston may announce their choice as soon as tomorrow. Won't be W. Va's Dana Halgorsen--he re-committed to W. Va already, with a 5 yr extension and big pay raise..
Oklahoma OC Lincoln Riley supposedly top contender, with Lane Kiffen close behind, then Les Miles as 3rd choice after all have interviewed..

I believe I prefer the madhatter in that scenario.

TexasBred":6kshbblg said:
bball":6kshbblg said:
Houston settles on Applewhite...

He should do them a good job. Good move. Kiffen will find a spot somewhere. He's a good coach.

I think Major is a good fit in their situation. I believe Kiffen is a very good O coordinator; however, I do not trust him as a head coach. Too much bad history. He will most likely have to start at at small program and prove be can get it done there before moving up the food chain..

Latest posts