College FB coaching carousel has began

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Sounds like Hermann has been offered the LSU job, he has until Saturday to decide...... oh BTW, happy Thanksgiving coach Orgeron! You got screw again. It also leaked that Oregon has offered Hermann a job, again he has until Saturday to decide, but it sounds like Helfirch is gone.

Kingfisher":chkgok45 said:
Lol Some think Herman is coming to Texas...

ESPN reported they think Texas is leaning toward keeping Strong..... of course all this is nothing more than media reported rumors at this stage. I also hear that Hermanns camp leaked the offer from Oregon to sweeten his deal with LSU.... again all rumors at this point.

That's crappy for the players at schools like Houston to hear stuff like that while the season is still going on, but I guess they have been hearing rumors about him leaving all season, so it's not a shock. That's tough for Orgeron to get passed over for another head coaching job again too without really getting a chance to see how he finishes out the season. I keep hoping Texas or one of the other schools with a lot of money will somehow lure Saban away so Tennessee will be able to beat Alabama again one of these days. :lol2:

Dang vultures. :mad:

And add Baylor to the mix too.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - University of Houston athletic director Hunter Yurachek presented football coach Tom Herman with a contract extension earlier this week that includes a "seven-figure increase" in total compensation, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

LSU and Texas – which has yet to make a decision on the future of coach Charlie Strong – are considered the top candidates to pry Herman away from Cullen Boulevard. However, a source said Thursday that Baylor is the only school to request permission to speak to Herman. Herman has become the hottest coaching name in college football, going 22-3 in two seasons.

Billionaire Tilman Fertitta, chairman of the UH board of regents, said he has no concerns about getting into a bidding war with other schools to keep Herman.
"We will do whatever it takes to keep Tom Herman at the University of Houston," Fertitta said. "We're not going to lose Tom Herman because of money. If Tom Herman wants to go to LSU or Texas or Oregon or Baylor or wherever else, we cannot stop him from doing that. But it's not going to be because of money.
"He's not going to leave because of money," Fertitta said. "We're going to do whatever it takes to keep Tom."

In two seasons at UH, Herman is 22-3 at UH, and 6-0 against ranked opponents. That includes two wins over top-five teams Oklahoma and Louisville this season.

A.J.":18htwwds said:
That's crappy for the players at schools like Houston to hear stuff like that while the season is still going on, but I guess they have been hearing rumors about him leaving all season, so it's not a shock. That's tough for Orgeron to get passed over for another head coaching job again too without really getting a chance to see how he finishes out the season. I keep hoping Texas or one of the other schools with a lot of money will somehow lure Saban away so Tennessee will be able to beat Alabama again one of these days. :lol2:
Heard this morning that Univ. of Houston has offered him a huge raise to stay at UH. We'll see.

Kingfisher":a3oqks61 said:
Strong is fired and it sounds like Herman is coming to UT.
TU still trying to make two wrongs make a right. :lol: :lol: :lol: Tuition will be going up again kids.

Any word on Herman's salary yet? I believe Strong was about $5 mil per year.

greybeard":et0mutz7 said:
Any word on a replacement for Oregon's Mark Helfrich?
He's gone.

I just typed out a three paragraph rant on how much the AD has sunk the Ducks ship, but screen went dark and it was gone when things came back up.....I'll leave it at the AD, Rob Mullens, f'd things up big time for Duck football. We lost out too commit about an hour before Helfrich was fired, we had three top players declare the would return, now......

The AD tweeted he was flying out in the morning and not returning without a coach, I would think that would be in place already.

Names flying around message board by every clown with a source are PJ Fleck, Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma OC), Lane Kiffen, Chip Kelly, Kelly from Notre Dame, Boise St coach whatever his name is, etc. Knowing the Ducks AD we'll probably end up with Art Briles, Jerry Sandusky, Lou Holtz or Joe Paterno.

wacocowboy":29ykjgw2 said:
I wonder where Les Miles will end up? It is starting to look like Art Briles may not get a job for 2017.

Les miles has a rap of not being able to get LSU's offense going that may hurt him some, but he should land somewhere, hopefully other than Oregon. Briles is still poison to schools, his lack of control will follow him for a couple of years then he may land a coordinator job or lower level college head coaching Job.

Alan":kjrrlqmn said:
wacocowboy":kjrrlqmn said:
I wonder where Les Miles will end up? It is starting to look like Art Briles may not get a job for 2017.

Les miles has a rap of not being able to get LSU's offense going that may hurt him some, but he should land somewhere, hopefully other than Oregon. Briles is still poison to schools, his lack of control will follow him for a couple of years then he may land a coordinator job or lower level college head coaching Job.

I think I would rather have Les than the guy UT hired. I don't think UT will be much better under the new guy than they were with Strong.

I agree with this Baylor mess dragging along and more stuff keeps coming out Briles will have to be an OC or maybe go to the NFL as a QB coach.

Houston Reagent Chairman says: Two names believed to have interest are former LSU coach Les Miles and former Baylor coach Art Briles. A person with knowledge of the process said the school plans to contact West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen. UH also plans to interview two in-house candidates – interim coach/defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite.

"Fertitta said he has received numerous calls from those close to the Baylor program voicing support for Briles.
"There's a lot of administrator and ex administrators and board of regents from Baylor that say that Art Briles was a scapegoat at Baylor," Fertitta said. "I've had calls from ex chairman of the board of regents there, current big booster there, lawyers that represent Baylor. I have not had one negative call about Art Briles. But there still seems to be a clarity issue."

Fertitta also said whoever they go with was going to have a bigger buyout clause.

"Also, Fertitta said the next UH coach's contract will include a hefty buyout over the first couple of years in an effort to keep other schools from poaching.
"I've put it out there, if you want a cheap buyout the first couple years, then don't come apply," he said.
Herman had a $2.5 million buyout.
"There are too many coaches that want this job," Fertitta said. "I'm not going to have a coaching change again after next year or the year after.""

Latest posts