Coliform test on site?

Help Support CattleToday:

are you asking about the CMT mastitis test.if so yes its called the CMY test.an its been around for alot of years.

VC Rancher":3lamt6w5 said:
Are there any onsite test kits for testing for coliforms in milk?

I'm not aware of any. Probably have to sample the milk supply and take it to a good lab set up to do the test.

I've heard about Idaho inspectors coming out to the site once a month and testing the milk. Are they testing on site or just gathering samples and sending them to the lab? Any suggestions on how to find a lab that can do these tests?

VC Rancher":1rwrfpbg said:
I've heard about Idaho inspectors coming out to the site once a month and testing the milk. Are they testing on site or just gathering samples and sending them to the lab? Any suggestions on how to find a lab that can do these tests?

Most likely just gathering samples to take or send to the lab for testing.

coliforms are generally associated with e-coli organisms-why would you want to know about those? Vaccinate the animal and be done with it.

Idaho comes out and takes a milk sample for raw milk sales, I am certified to sell raw milk, they test
for SPC , colifoms , drugs, SCC and temp and they run a brucellosis ring test semi annually
max for SPC 15,000, coliform 25 ,SCC 500,000 ,drugs neg and Temp 40 degree , hope this helps
and I can only sell milk from 3 cows, but can milk as many as I want ,and all have to be tested TB neg every year Suzanne

Latest posts