Reaction score
Teat in a brass bra face down in the snow
40 degrees, stiff se wind and light drizzle
One my favorite days :cboy:

cross_7":2c5drlr4 said:

High here yesterday was -5 F, with a -50 F windchill. The wind died down so it was a balmy -24 F this a.m.

Had to wrap ears back on one newborn, but he was up and nursed, and loving life. :shock:

melking":2xhi5hq4 said:
I have such pity for you poor cold weather folks. It did get down to 40 degrees here thyis weekend but it still felt like 60 with all the sunshine.
i was thinking that for a second then i realized, they need the rain... wish they had some of ours

cross_7":1c66ird4 said:

That sounds like a nice day out, the light drizzle part. My normal weather from November 1 until late in March is less than 40 degrees with a strong SW wind and steady rain.

melking":1c66ird4 said:
I have such pity for you poor cold weather folks. It did get down to 40 degrees here thyis weekend but it still felt like 60 with all the sunshine.

I pity you hot weather people. Come summer when it is 100 plus with high humidity down south it is comfortable 75 degrees here with no humidity. In the winter I can always put on more layers. In the summer I can only strip down so far.

Dave":3f8e4usd said:
cross_7":3f8e4usd said:

That sounds like a nice day out, the light drizzle part. My normal weather from November 1 until late in March is less than 40 degrees with a strong SW wind and steady rain.

melking":3f8e4usd said:

I pity you hot weather people. Come summer when it is 100 plus with high humidity down south it is comfortable 75 degrees here with no humidity. In the winter I can always put on more layers. In the summer I can only strip down so far.
ssshhhh, your making me long for it already :cowboy:

Monday it was 35 degrees and drizzling. I let my hoe operator hit a service line before the water meter, my fault, no shutoff. 120 psi, tried to fix it live cuz' the water dept. man was at a funeral 30 miles away. Absoultely soaked myself with water hitting me in the chest. Finally had to call the water man to come shut it down. Waited, standing by the road in the weather, for at least an hour. Oh forgot, had no boots, so used Sara's. Three sizes too small, and they were filled with water. Roger showed up, shut the main down, I fixed my mistake and drove home 20 miles in my underwear shivering the whole way. Now, that's being cold. gs

plumber_greg":2cv53bi9 said:
drove home 20 miles in my underwear shivering the whole way. Now, that's being cold. gs

Doesn't the heater in your truck work? Myself I would have had that puppy cranked up to the point where you could fry an egg on the dashboard.

But yes Greg, soaked to the skin in 35 degree weather is cold. Been there too many times.

plumber_greg":2wif1y4t said:
Monday it was 35 degrees and drizzling. I let my hoe operator hit a service line before the water meter, my fault, no shutoff. 120 psi, tried to fix it live cuz' the water dept. man was at a funeral 30 miles away. Absoultely soaked myself with water hitting me in the chest. Finally had to call the water man to come shut it down. Waited, standing by the road in the weather, for at least an hour. Oh forgot, had no boots, so used Sara's. Three sizes too small, and they were filled with water. Roger showed up, shut the main down, I fixed my mistake and drove home 20 miles in my underwear shivering the whole way. Now, that's being cold. gs

Just hearing that makes me cold. I can take the cold if I am dry but cold and wet is a combination that holds more fear for me than the fires of He$$.

Its freezing here, it killed the battery on my car over night. :x

We have a change of 20+ inches of snow in the next 24-36 hours. :bang: I'm still hoping they are wrong, but my luck is they aren't.

I don't care how cold it gets if i can get 6" of snow by morning i will be a happy camper!

hooknline":2m09pcy0 said:
Snowing in Mesa and Scottsdale Arizona this evening

I still look from time to time at ranch listing in AZ.
Only takes about a million for 100 head ranch. I'm going to have to wait on the "Hope and change" to kick in before I can buy in :D
Wind supposed to blow 45+ here tomorrow, I just love dirt in my eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth throat,.. ah heck it gets into everything
We must love it or we'd move

The storm system that is heading this has reported lightning. :lol: Thundersnow.

FarmGirl10":3jcc984p said:
Its freezing here, it killed the battery on my car over night. :x

We have a change of 20+ inches of snow in the next 24-36 hours. :bang: I'm still hoping they are wrong, but my luck is they aren't.

I bet the moisture will be welcome

Button down Farmgirl, guess it's comin' this morn. The worst for us is 12" of snow, then sleet, all the while a 30mph east and SE wind blowing. Don't know if we ever had wind from that direction in a blizzard before. Not sure what is gonna' happen, I hope nothing. gs

We woke up to practically nothing new. We have maybe an inch BUT Monarch Pass where all our irrigation water comes from has 15 in of new snow this morning.

Praise the Lord!

BTW it has just started to snow a little more in the Valley as i type this!

Yeah! for Monarch! I hope all of the mountains are getting that much or more! We have about an inch on the ground. Might get one more, maybe. I'll take whatever we can get.
Nobody knows where their gonna get irragation water this year. Fort Collins has decided to keep it all this year. If there's decent snowpack the Poudre could save the year for some farmers since the municipalities can't use it because of ash sediment.

We're getting hit pretty hard here. Don't know if we will get the 20+ they were calling for, but the moisture is definitely needed. The local weather people said it put down 4 inches in an hour. I just hope I can make it to my ultrasound in the morning and that they'll be open to non emergency patients. Tired of waiting to find out what I'm having.

FarmGirl10":2r5vtft3 said:
The storm system that is heading this has reported lightning. :lol: Thundersnow.

We got the sleet and thunder and lightning this morning at 5AM. Just now started slacking off on the rain, and sleet mixture. So glad for the moisture...yee haw

Latest posts