coccidiosis

Help Support CattleToday:

George

Reaction score
I had a 10 day old calf get coccidiosis ,so i treated it with calf span and Cocci Bol-O-Tab Jr. and kept it isolated from the rest of the pairs until it was better.Yesterday had another calf get coccidiosis,treated it and isolated it.Tonight i had another 2 calves with coccidiosis,treated and isolated them.Does anyone know of some kind of feed or something that i could give these healthy calves free choice,so they might not get coccidiosis ?Any idea's greatly appreciated!!

Bovatec is a coccidiostat my cows/calves are on it via a mineral tub for that reason - not sure how you get it in a 10 day old calf though.

both rumensin and bovatec are cocciostats, we had a run in with coccidiosis last spring so this year we offered the calves some sweet feed with rumensin early on and though they don't eat much it has worked so far. Good luck, it's a be nice of an illness, years ago our lamb crop was decimated by it.

Get a feed or mineral with Rumensin. Calves that small won't be able to get enough consumption for Bovatech to work against coccidia. Several companies make Rumensin Mineral. Purina, Land O Lakes...

cleland":1nwnou0o said:
Get a feed or mineral with Rumensin. Calves that small won't be able to get enough consumption for Bovatech to work against coccidia. Several companies make Rumensin Mineral. Purina, Land O Lakes...

If they don't consume feed they sure aren't going to consume mineral and definitely not enough to do any good....hit'em all with a dose of Corid......And somewhere or everywhere you have some pure "filth"....clean it up.

Latest posts