Clothes for hot weather

Help Support CattleToday:

used to be jeans, shirt, and boots, ive got older and wiser, shorts, a force carhart tee shirt and twisted x moccasins, and im good to go. and occasionally the crocks, ive figured out i dont care what nobody thinks , im comfortable. I do everything dressed this way even A I ing, never thought id do that

TexasBred":1o5pa0k6 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1o5pa0k6 said:
I have bibs - with shorts - or you can always cut off your bibs & make your own shorts. But, bibs are comfy.
:lol: :lol: Now I can just see this ol' man out in the pasture in my bibbed "short shorts". I'd have to get me some crocs to go with them. :lol:
Well, can't be much worse than this old lady!! LOL
Actually, I hate wearing shorts out in fields of around the cows.
Throwback to my years living in Kansas and dealing with CHIGGERS!!!! My nightmare. They LOVED me & I react badly to all bug bites. To this day, when I feel grass touching my legs, I get a knot in my stomach.

Caustic Burno":2zl8ujam said:
I am tellin y'all baggy bib overalls and a cotton t shirt is the coolest thing you can wear and really work.
Blue jeans are like a cheap motel no ballroom.
If I get through tomorrows baling without a breakdown , I'm going to go buy a brand new set of big smith striped ones and just shytem full :)

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1u4n56ea said:
TexasBred":1u4n56ea said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1u4n56ea said:
I have bibs - with shorts - or you can always cut off your bibs & make your own shorts. But, bibs are comfy.
:lol: :lol: Now I can just see this ol' man out in the pasture in my bibbed "short shorts". I'd have to get me some crocs to go with them. :lol:
Throwback to my years living in Kansas and dealing with CHIGGERS!!!! My nightmare. They LOVED me & I react badly to all bug bites. To this day, when I feel grass touching my legs, I get a knot in my stomach.
This!!! Plus ticks, thistles, thorns, poison ivy, snakes . . . . I don't care how hot it is, my legs are covered, I'm wearing boots & doused in Deet 40.

TCRanch":z4ow2hgs said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":z4ow2hgs said:
TexasBred":z4ow2hgs said:
This!!! Plus ticks, thistles, thorns, poison ivy, snakes . . . . I don't care how hot it is, my legs are covered, I'm wearing boots & doused in Deet 40.

I can deal with it all, except heatstroke. I also use a 4 wheeler when possible. Last year I actually ran out of gas in a 6ft tall stinging nettle patch wearing only a swim suit and gym shoes. That was fun, but actually got out without a single sting, but understand people have different tolerance for different conditions and my tolerance for heat is far less than a sting scrape or bite...

I don't like to wear shorts when working outside, I hate when dirt and grass sticks to my legs. Suffered through the heat in jeans for years, now wear Duluth trading dry on the fly work pants. Light weight plenty of pockets and so much cooler than jeans.

Gizmom