Clippers

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anybody use the Oster A-5 cordless clippers? Don't have power in our barn yet and wondered if these work out ok for 1 or 2 calves my daughter shows.

cowboy13":3auirjum said:
I haven't used them, but I would find a set of clippers that can be run with a battery pack or corded. That way when you do get power, you can have corded clippers.

Do you know of a brand that does that?

I think they work alright. We had a kid had to use a pair of em at Houston cause you're only allowed to use cordless/battery-powered clippers there. I think the ones with cords work better. Cowboy's idea is actually a smart one. I'd prolly try to do something that goes both ways. I do have a slight preference for Andis clippers, though.

:lol: I don't think I've actually used a Laube's. I'll have to try em.

I've got a set of the Oster cordless and I like them! A little awkward because of the battery on one end, you have to get used to balancing them, but the batteries charge up fast (15 minutes) and come with two, so you can clip all day changing them out.

I use the Andis clippers when I can use one with a cord. In open, we rarely have to use cordless ones. I actually bought the cordless ones originally because I didn't have electricity in the barn !

Latest posts