Clippers

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
I know there has been talk on here about clippers....but our breed shows body clipped so I don't really need ones that will "block" etc.... I have really been having trouble finding a set I like. I have been using a pair of my Dad's that are older than me (that is pretty darn old) and I fear that they are done...gave out on me last month. I have tried the Lister with the adjusting knob thingy and I don't like them. Any suggestions?

You need to check out the new Premier 4000c, I use the older model for slick sheering show lambs and for clipping heads sometimes. They run muck cooler than any other clipp/sheer I've owened except for my Asculupes (sp) I would recomend them but unless your clipping almost every day the cost of them will make them prohibitive. The Premier clippers will plow right through just about anything and the blades have a long life to them.

Even if you find something you like bring your old ones to Louisville and have them rebuilt while you are there. Keepsake if you never use them again.

Chi496":2w8r7h0o said:
You need to check out the new Premier 4000c, I use the older model for slick sheering show lambs and for clipping heads sometimes. They run muck cooler than any other clipp/sheer I've owened except for my Asculupes (sp) I would recomend them but unless your clipping almost every day the cost of them will make them prohibitive. The Premier clippers will plow right through just about anything and the blades have a long life to them.

I use those same clippers and have had no trouble with them, but don't get me wrong, those old hairheads are nice.

I have the Andis lightspeed ones that I use for the heads ears etc. but not good for the body, and I don't like the light! I thought it would be handy, it isn't. Distracting. So is Premier the brand name I should look for? Last year at NAILE I saw a set of the old Stewarts and I was tempted to purchase them just in case....wish I had.
The plan is to come away from NAILE this year with a set of clippers that will hopefully do the job I need....

Well the Premiers will defininately do it. I've had mine for about 6 years now and they work great.

Cowboy 2.0":2i8bs8oa said:
Well the Premiers will defininately do it. I've had mine for about 6 years now and they work great.
Thanks Cowboy, I will be looking for the brand "Premiers", thanks again for the advise.