Climate change warning

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
CLIMATE CHANGE:

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulate at Bergen Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coast cities uninhabitable.

I must apologize. I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922 , as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post 93 years ago. This must have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions or possibly from horse and cattle farts.

i don't care whats causing it.. we are spewing massive amounts of CO2, chemicals, etc. into our air. With infinite energy all around us for free, I don't see how we can keep destroying our small planet by using these fuels.

Solar, wind, hydro. Let's develop them more.

at the very least we can make huge energy zero skyscrapers and put all these welfare people in them.

ddd75":2n9452ez said:
i don't care whats causing it.. we are spewing massive amounts of CO2, chemicals, etc. into our air. With infinite energy all around us for free, I don't see how we can keep destroying our small planet by using these fuels.

at the very least we can make huge energy zero skyscrapers and put all these welfare people in them.
You have taken the bait.
Cant have it both ways
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livesc ... ering.html

Caustic Burno":1cx08qjo said:
ddd75":1cx08qjo said:

You have taken the bait.
Cant have it both ways
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livesc ... ering.html

this .. in any time in our world. is not how its supposed to be.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... mp=yhs-001

By who's definition the last Yellowstone eruption there was no our world as it is "supposed " to be.
This rock has been changing from the beginning that is the only true constant

British Petroleum released a statement yesterday. I heard it on the radio but cannot find a link. They are part of the crowd saying natural gas is a cheaper, cleaner option to coal.

Obviously, they have a vested interest but I think steam coal is dead. It has been 30 years since I was in the coal fields but even back in the 1980s, the cost of mining was exceeding the benefits of coal except for metallurgical and the western coal because the seams are so thick in relationship to the overburden.

Regardless, it is a matter of time and finding economic technology - solar is the future. Current technology for converting and storing solar is inefficient but mankind will overcome that.

ddd75":1ivl40bo said:

HAHA, I sure this is supposed to be sarcasm because you have not seemed too to have a screw loose in previous post .

BTW: a volcano releases more carbon dioxide in an episodic eruption than man releases in a century - that is not a measured statement but you can Google it.

There are scientist that are not influenced by the rhetoric. We just hear the ones who are the "hired guns". The evidence for global warming is certainly extant. The question is whether it is due to geologic climate change rhythms or influenced by man. To my knowledge, that issue is still open.

eh.. I think we can do it a better way. our waters are dirty.. mass extinction going on.. pollution (from us, not from a volcano) .

Why not do it a better way if its right there?

I also don't compare fog from thick pollution either.

ddd75":2r3onelo said:
eh.. I think we can do it a better way. our waters are dirty.. mass extinction going on.. pollution (from us, not from a volcano) .

My good neighbor, it is not "us". The United States has environmental statutes that have been documented to be effective. The problem is other countries where the lion's share of the heavy industry is occurring.

I agree with you on the loss of species. The number of species being lost or threatened is staggering. But you have to maintain a perspective - What happens on this orbiting sphere has no more consequences for the Universe than losing a grain of sand on a beach

ddd75":2amxcdm1 said:

Mass extinction occurred before man according to your own scientific community

The Universe is matter, energy, space...

Matter can neither be created nor destroyed - which is a concept from the first law of thermodynamics. It is actually stated in terms of energy.

However, matter can change form. What occurs on earth in terms of the laws of thermodynamics has no consequences for the Universe. The Universe makes no judgement of whether an element is desirable or undesirable. There is no such term as "pollution" in terms of matter. It is just "matter" - who cares in what chemical form it comes in?

Only in the terms of the human conscience does "pollution" have any significance.

Caustic Burno":a6em6vet said:
ddd75":a6em6vet said:

ok Im confused DDD75 , You seem serious and are advocating cutting Co2 on this thread but on the fertilizer thread your advocating mowing with a disk mower and applying 50# per ton of removal , The confusion comes in where If you are gonna preach to cut emmisions then get a horse or mule and shut off the tractor. And I assume you don't know that the plants and trees including "grass" needs Co2. CC is a hoax just as Organic is a hoax.

M-5":1idvwbja said:
Caustic Burno":1idvwbja said:
ddd75":1idvwbja said:

ok Im confused DDD75 , You seem serious and are advocating cutting Co2 on this thread but on the fertilizer thread your advocating mowing with a disk mower and applying 50# per ton of removal , The confusion comes in where If you are gonna preach to cut emmisions then get a horse or mule and shut off the tractor. And I assume you don't know that the plants and trees including "grass" needs Co2. CC is a hoax just as Organic is a hoax.
Dash what DDD is doing is commonly referred to as "Talking out of your azz".

ddd75":1qzgty4v said:

So you want us to go back to building nuke plants then
If solar and wind are free why do we need massive gov. subsidies to make them feasible.

Latest posts