Clemency - Virginia governor

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
The governor of Virginia (d) announced he is planning to offer clemency to convicted felons [ex-cons] to reinstate their voting rights this fall. Federal law has a lifetime ban on convicted felons voting. Virginia is a swing state and a very tight election is expected this year.

The Governor says he has the legal standing to pardon and therefore also has the legal standing to offer a partial pardon to all and thereby reinstating voting rights, but not their gun rights ect., to Virginia convicts in time for the fall elections. He says he is not trying to help the democrats or influence the presidential election that... it is Not Political...it's just the right thing to do.

Yeah, I heard about that on the local news, this past week. It kinda ticked me off. Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with politics :roll: :roll: .
Good ole "Tricky Terry". :???:

I wish Texas would run a trail on it and see if we could slow down the revovleing door on the prison system and a lifetime of support by the tax payer. I don't know what the answer is here.
The current system of serve your time get out, can't get a job go back to what you where doing is not working well either.
At the very least I thinks it deserves a serious discussion in the legislature and vote by the people. Again what we are doing now is dang sure not working . We can't make them work even in prison here since Judge Justice some real irony in his name. Last I read it was like 40k a year to maintain a prisoner.

Caustic Burno":3i2hf858 said:
deserves a serious discussion in the legislature
Yes, legislature is suppose to pass laws. Country isn't suppose to be ruled by executive order from the executive branch (presidents or governors) and Judges are only supposed to rule on the legality of a law passed by the legislative branch and not legislate from the bench.

I am amazed constantly that the people in this state were stupid enough to elect that Fool. I hang my head in shame to be a Virginian these days.

I sure didn't help vote him in but sure would like to see him out. I have met him but had to keep my mouth shut because of the event I was at. Most everyone shook his hand and talked to him but I just walked away.

SmokinM":3h5itpwn said:
I am amazed constantly that the people in this state were stupid enough to elect that Fool. I hang my head in shame to be a Virginian these days.

I understand how you feel, completely. And for what it's worth, I did not vote for Tricky Terry.

kenny thomas":rhopk9m0 said:
I sure didn't help vote him in but sure would like to see him out. I have met him but had to keep my mouth shut because of the event I was at. Most everyone shook his hand and talked to him but I just walked away.

I was out with him a couple weeks ago and gave him grief about gun stuff... He is a nice person but his views don't align with mine.

I was out with him a couple weeks ago and gave him grief about gun stuff... He is a nice person but his views don't align with mine.[/quote]

Campaign fundraiser? :lol:

SmokinM":qvu0yj5m said:
I was out with him a couple weeks ago and gave him grief about gun stuff... He is a nice person but his views don't align with mine.

Campaign fundraiser? :lol:[/quote]

Funny Man... :mad:

Latest posts