Kentucky Governor Pardons Rapists and Murderers

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Well, Kentucky, this is quite the blemish. Seems like someone is a little unhappy with their loss, so society will pay.
https://www.npr.org/2019/12/13/787811560/on-his-way-out-kentucky-gov-matt-bevin-pardons-murderers-rapists-hundreds-more

It was covered on local TV. The pardon authority has been perverted into a means to repay political favors. It's a disgrace.

This guy lost a bid for reelection in one of the most Conservative states in the nation. Both Trump and Pence were here campaigning for Bevin. There is something wrong when a sitting Republican governor cannot be reelected in Kentucky.

BR,
I think it was partially a case of, "He ain't from around here." I was kind of surprised when he got elected the first time.
You know, I ain't from around here, either, but being from even farther South, I have sorta blended in.

Lucky_P said:
BR,
I think it was partially a case of, "He ain't from around here." I was kind of surprised when he got elected the first time.
You know, I ain't from around here, either, but being from even farther South, I have sorta blended in.

That implies that it took four years for Kentuckians to figure out he was not from here?

I don't buy that. My guess is that people figured out that he was obnoxious.

Pi$$ed a lot of people off with right to work, and running his mouth about teachers, cops, firefighters... and all state workers. I think this pension deal was the last nail in his coffin

Ky cowboy said:
Pi$$ed a lot of people off with right to work, and running his mouth about teachers, cops, firefighters... and all state workers. I think this pension deal was the last nail in his coffin

He set the bar as low as it can go - pardoning a man who raped a child.

One pardon that had Sanders — and many others — particularly outraged was that of Micah Schoettle. He's a 41-year-old convicted of raping a 9-year-old child last year. He was sentenced to 23 years in prison, according to the Courier-Journal.

sstterry said:
He also pi$$ed off the teachers! That is a huge voting block. And by the way, if you want to see a conservative state, come to Tennessee or Alabama.

That is minor in retrospect. He showed his mettle when he pardoned a 41-year-old convicted of raping a 9-year-old child last year. That might be an all time low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts