cleaning out friends pond

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
a friend i work with is cleaning out her pond, draining it wanted to know if i wanted the fish for my pond, i called jane from work and gave her the good news... we're going fishing tonight load up the stock tank ! i am always the activity director of our great adventures.. LOL we went to to there farm with tank aboard. but water level wasnt low enough yet. so we came back home and i began to think how was we gonna get those fish with out loosing our boots, got a plan. i got out my leaf net for the swimming pool 25x40.. we robed her huddy tool bucket. one side tired on big nuts and rolled it up in the net. about afoot apart.attached ropes on each end so we can walk down both sides of the pond and drag the net...i belive it will work! LOL gonna give it a shot this week.. the guys are still shaking there heads at us...LOL they never know what were gonna do next! ill keep ya posted onthe "great fishing plan" LOL Rose

bass, blue gill, and a few catfish, yummm pan fish.. thay might not all make it to the pond LOL gonna work on it this week comming.. we had rain here off and on so it may be the end of the week now depending on how fast the pond is filling up. Rose

I am an impatient fisherman because I was spoiled to fishing in stock tanks when I was a kid. Man, you jus throw in the hook and catch something big! I used to use a cane pole and a floater! Can't stand to cast and re-cast and wait and wait now!

when i get a chance ill run the pics thru photobucket.. what a time we had LOL the net worked like a charm! got stuck in the yuckie mud a few times, had to be pulled out yeah that was a good laugh for the guys! good thing i dont mind getting dirty! i was nasty!..we pulled the net four times, got lots of fish, 10 or 12 big bass, about 8 catfish{really big ones} many many babies and 8 to 10 inch fish.. we carried them in a 300 gal stock tank, driving very carfully..LOL lost a few babies, but no big ones! Rose

here are some of the pics of the big fishing adventure.LOL we sure did have a time..the washers and showers worked over time! the net worked like a charm..
gonefishenpicmix016.jpg

poor ty got stuck in the mud, had a heck of a time getting him out, he started to get worried when i told him that sandy would bring him out a biscut in the morning LOL
gonefishenpicmix028.jpg

oh nothing like getting slapped by a catfish!
gonefishenpicmix035.jpg
we were a sight after the fishing party!

yes we stock this is the first time we bought the land last year, had a few fish in it, our friend was going to dig his pond deeper and didnt want to kill the fish so we relocated them to our pond.we made four tips that night.i have cought a few since we stocked but threw them back...but it will be nice if i want some fresh bass to go down to the pond! Rose

Central Fl Cracker":2rlfwlzl said:
Do you stock your ponds? I guess that is a stupid question because fish can't fly so they are gettting in their somehow. :eek:

Fish fly... it's possible. Birds carry eggs from place to place. That's why fish can appear in a pond.

Latest posts