Clarification please

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":2rs9r6de said:
Any idea on your % less workload.
Well....the cattle are pretty much taking care of themselves.....I've been a little busier this month. Spent about 25 hours shredding some of the weeds in the pastures...about 5 hours spraying the wild mustard in it...spent about 6 hours repairing some drainage problems and filling the "mudholes" around some of the cattle waterers, pushed over a couple dead trees and piled them up. Sold some calves in September and October, takes just a couple hours to pen, load and haul them in. Spent and extra half hour spraying them for flies once...I check the electric fences about once a week that takes about 30 minutes unless something is bad wrong. Don't recall doing much in September other than checking them several times a week. Now back in April while baling hay....now that's another story but it lasted just several weeks. Cattle were on green pastures since the end of December so no hay feeding at all this year so far....(hope I didn't say THAT to loud)...Several years ago I burned well over 1200 gallons of fuel...Probably burned around 450 this year but I think I'm finished with the tractor work for this year. Several years ago when fertilizer was $400 a ton I put out about 45 tons of fertilizer...this year all I put out was 3.5 tons on the haygrazer I planted. Without keeping hourly records it's really hard to tell but I'd guess on average it's just a couple hours a day as opposed to the 6 or so hours I was probably doing 5 years ago.

Careful there 1982vett--someone's liable to ask to borrow yur tractor now that you announced you won't be usin it the rest of the year..

Latest posts