CITY GUY

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Everyone here should know how to use the search button , When you reply to the threads from 10yrs ago chances are your only talking to yourself. Maybe others find it useful , I find IT ANNOYING! and its clutters up current 2016 topics.

M-5":1ekcc8bx said:
Everyone here should know how to use the search button , When you reply to the threads from 10yrs ago chances are your only talking to yourself. Maybe others find it useful , I find IT ANNOYING! and its clutters up current 2016 topics.

Come on Darryl: None of the posts are hateful, mean spirited or obnoxious in the normal meaning of the word. If we stop replying to subjects that have been previously posted, the forum is doomed.

Candidly, I rarely notice all the commotion other users get upset about. It is too easy to skip over.

inyati13":vexejh4s said:
M-5":vexejh4s said:

Come on Darryl: None of the posts are hateful, mean spirited or obnoxious in the normal meaning of the word. If we stop replying to subjects that have been previously posted, the forum is doomed.

Candidly, I rarely notice all the commotion other users get upset about. It is too easy to skip over.

Ron, I stated it was annoying , Kinda like a circle fly if you know what I mean.

M-5":34b7gs9p said:
inyati13":34b7gs9p said:
M-5":34b7gs9p said:

Ron, I stated it was annoying , Kinda like a circle fly if you know what I mean.

I caught that. The Guy is following rules, seems to conduct himself better than some of us. This forum certainly can use the traffic. I don't feel the annoyance.

I don't mind him to much.
I did spend 10 minutes reading a thread wondering who the **** are these people. Then I realized it was 10 years old.
It doesn't bother me, but in most cases I think it's more interesting to start a new thread on the subject.

M-5":12jrjwn5 said:
Narcissists rarely recognize they are the problem.

callmefence":27o1s2l6 said:
I did spend 10 minutes reading a thread wondering who the be nice are these people. Then I realized it was 10 years old.
It doesn't bother me, but in most cases I think it's more interesting to start a new thread on the subject.

Exact same thing happens to me whenever someone drags up a post from way back.

bball":1ludcuu0 said:
callmefence":1ludcuu0 said:
I did spend 10 minutes reading a thread wondering who the be nice are these people. Then I realized it was 10 years old.

Exact same thing happens to me whenever someone drags up a post from way back.

That stuff ticked me off 10 years ago and I finally got over it. Now someone wants to bring it up again? He got banned, got a new name, got banned again, and came back another 7 or 8 times. Turnthatcowloosemaw had done reincarnated a couple of dozen times and morphed into sirloin for quite some time before transposing into medicinewoman.

4Ctophand was a riot to read. No one has mentioned him in forever. Poor kid may not even be alive now with Darwin awards being around.

backhoeboogie":wjhceztu said:
4Ctophand was a riot to read. No one has mentioned him in forever. Poor kid may not even be alive now with Darwin awards being around.
I he the guy that could disk 50 acres an hour or some such?

dun":1dnlh5s3 said:
backhoeboogie":1dnlh5s3 said:

If he could he would need to run 7 mph with a 60' harrow in a really big field.

JMJ Farms":3vrs4q63 said:
dun":3vrs4q63 said:
backhoeboogie":3vrs4q63 said:

If he could he would need to run 7 mph with a 60' harrow in a really big field.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was plausible in 2016.

But seriously, I saw this 'city guy' with an evident lack of basic knowledge apparently trying to teach everyone how to run cattle and just didn't bother clicking on any thread with his name on it.
Haven't found any of these golden oldies yet.

I figured he was a troll when he first showed up or that he at least has an agenda of some sort. I haven't been a member very long but I have stalked all of you long enough :hide: I pretty well had a feel of how things should sound and look on this site. But I have to be honest he doesn't bug me near as much as LLC.

The last time something similar happened it was a current member that just registered a different username to pull a gag/joke etc on the board. Probably the same thing this time. I'd have to look back and see who it was that time--might even be the same miscreant this time.

Thanx, everyone, for the etiquette tips. From now on when I want to reply to a post more than one year old I'll start a new topic. Is that a good plan?

"lurk and learn" is also a good plan.
So are you also LLC? I haven't even clicked on any of those threads, just the titles were offputting.

City Guy":3fvjx1sw said:
Thanx, everyone, for the etiquette tips. From now on when I want to reply to a post more than one year old I'll start a new topic. Is that a good plan?

I can't speak for others, but I don't see anything wrong with resurrecting old threads.

Latest posts