Citizenship Test

Help Support CattleToday:

pdfangus":wyn4eikf said:
hillsdown":wyn4eikf said:
Hey, give me a break I am Canadian and I still beat some of you. :lol:
Let's see if any of you can pass the Canadian citizenship test?If I can find one on line I'll post it.

Here' s a couple of questions:

Who is the Prime Minister?
What is the Capital of Canada?
How many provinces and territories are in Canada?

my guesses

1. Some French guy

2. North pole

3. divine province and northwest territory

Not PC, but funny never the less. Good one on our canuck neighbors.

wow! I remembered more than I thought, 30/30....I helped my Husband revise when he was taking his test for his American Citizenship... :banana:
Canada...Paul Martin.....Ottawa.....10 Provinces....3 territories :tiphat:

can I claim my prize now?????????

Impeached Presidents were Andrew Johnson in 1868, for his views on the Confederates and was acquitted by a single vote
and Bill Clinton in 1998 for perjury
he also got away with it so there have not really been any, not successful anyway.
Nixon resigned befor his imminent impeachment took place.

Impeachment
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about a step in the removal of a public official. For challenging a witness in a legal proceeding, see witness impeachment.
In the constitutions of several islands, impeachment is the first of two stages in a specific process for a legislative body to remove a government official without that official's agreement. The second stage is conviction.

Impeachment is so rare that the term is often misunderstood. A typical misconception is to confuse it with involuntary removal from office; in fact, it is only a legal statement of charges, paralleling an indictment in criminal law. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote (whether by the same body or another), which determines conviction, or failure to convict, on the charges embodied by the impeachment. Most constitutions require a supermajority to convict.

One tradition of impeachment has its origins in the law of England and Wales, where the procedure last took place in 1806. Impeachment exists under constitutional law in many nations around the world, including the United States, India, Brazil, Russia, the Philippines, the Republic of Ireland, and Kyrgyzstan.[1]

The word "impeachment" derives from Latin roots expressing the idea of becoming caught or entrapped, and has analogues in the modern French verb empêcher (to prevent) and the modern English impede. Medieval popular etymology also associated it (wrongly) with derivations from the Latin impetere (to attack). (In its more frequent and more technical usage, impeachment of a person in the role of a witness is the act challenging the honesty or credibility of that person.)

The process should not be confused with a recall election. A recall election is usually initiated by voters and can be based on "political charges", for example mismanagement, where as impeachment is initiated by a constitutional body (usually a legislative body) and is usually based, but not always, on indictable offenses. The process of removing the official is also different.

Latest posts