Cide kick II Surfactant

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'm usually not true to one paticular product/brand name. I stumbled on Cide Kick II surfactant. I haven't used it in anything but a spot sprayer, on woody plants. It seems to amplify the killing power of whatever herbecide you are using. Evidently it helps penetrate the leaf, and bark. I have a species or two, that I have fought like the plague for a long time. I kill them just to spray them again the next year. I've only used this stuff, this summer, but it looks promising. The honey locust I've sprayed with it the stems are dead, and will snap if you try to break them. The stems of honey locust I sprayed before I started using this stuff are still rubbery. Pretty sure they are going to make an appearance next spring. It's pretty cheap to for something that works good. I will add, it does seem to make broad leaf herbecides kill grass. It doesn't reall kill grass to the ground, but it looks dead. It will come back from the base pretty quickly. It's like you left a board laying for a couple of weeks, and then moved it. It doesn't bother me that does it, because if these honey locust become a non issue, I'll gladly kill a little grass to get the job done. Just thought I would share a product that does, what it says it will do.

thumbs_up.gif

This sounds promising BF--it's advertised to be able to break down waxy coatings on weeds and woody plant and it may be the ticket for plants like green briar, which usually have to be killed by spot spraying with a herbicide diesel mix--may even help with saw palmetto and yaupon which I still have a lot of..
http://www.sepro.com/documents/CideKick_Label.pdf
Activator/Penetrant, Nonionic, Masking Agent,
Water Miscible
Cide-Kick is a wetting agent, activator and penetrant
all in one.
Cide-Kick helps break down the waxy cuticle on the leaf
surface and helps penetrate the bud and bark area (of
the woody brush), allowing a more effective uptake of
the herbicide.
Cide-Kick is a byproduct of the citrus industry, a low
viscosity oil.
Cide-Kick is compatible with most terrestrial and aquatic
herbicides and other pesticides.
Active ingredients
d'limonene and related isomers
plus selected emulsifiers...............................................100%

This makes too much sense, what a good idea. Most of your non-toxic paint and varnish removers are citrus based.

Bigfoot":1eehfr83 said:
I'm usually not true to one paticular product/brand name. I stumbled on Cide Kick II surfactant. I haven't used it in anything but a spot sprayer, on woody plants. It seems to amplify the killing power of whatever herbecide you are using. Evidently it helps penetrate the leaf, and bark. I have a species or two, that I have fought like the plague for a long time. I kill them just to spray them again the next year. I've only used this stuff, this summer, but it looks promising. The honey locust I've sprayed with it the stems are dead, and will snap if you try to break them. The stems of honey locust I sprayed before I started using this stuff are still rubbery. Pretty sure they are going to make an appearance next spring. It's pretty cheap to for something that works good. I will add, it does seem to make broad leaf herbecides kill grass. It doesn't reall kill grass to the ground, but it looks dead. It will come back from the base pretty quickly. It's like you left a board laying for a couple of weeks, and then moved it. It doesn't bother me that does it, because if these honey locust become a non issue, I'll gladly kill a little grass to get the job done. Just thought I would share a product that does, what it says it will do.

I use a product called Traction as a surfactant. And my results are similar to yours Bigfoot, especially the grass killing part.

I've never tank mixed it, just spot sprayed with it. i wish I had found it a long time ago. I'd get some honey locust that would come back, so I'd add more remedy to my sprayer the next year. Then I'd have it still come back, so I thought I killed it to quick, burnt the leaves off before it was dead. Then I'd use less remedy the next year. These I've sprayed with it might come back idk. I know you can snap the branches easy, and the ones I didn't use it on are like rubber.

TennesseeTuxedo":10vzxj07 said:
I'm having good results with Lemon Freshened Joy vs Dawn or Palmolive.

Ahhhhhh we mock that which we do not understand.

I actually left the soap camp a long time ago. Surfactant is actually cheaper.

All opinions respected, using a proper surfactant, just the lack of foam up when filling the tank , is worth the difference.

It's probably no big deal either way, spraying weeds in pasture. May not even have any affect at all idk. When I'm fighting ticks, chiggers, 100 degree heat, and 90% humidity to spray a thorn tree, that I've sprayed 3 years in a row, I'm not going to have it all riding on dish soap. I'm convinced this stuff works.

Bigfoot":2fvubh7w said:
I actually left the soap camp a long time ago. Surfactant is actually cheaper.

TT loves to brag about how rich he is with his 3 different types of detergent. :lol:

Latest posts