christmas present?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
What is the most unique or worst gift you have ever recieved or given?

The most unique gift I got was when I was about 10, I had a Uncle that lived in Pheonix that every year would send a whole box of gifts for me and my cousins. That year he sent a plastic tulip tree but instead of having tulips it had little lipsticks on hte ends of the flowers. I and my cousin who was the same age, each got one, and we just got the biggest kick out of it. Truly unique!

GMN

My mother in law, bless her heart, stays around the house all day enjoying her poor health. In so doing, she not only watches the Soaps - where she can come up with exciting and new illnesses to ail herself - but she has also found solice in the QVC Network where they actually know her by name!(Unfortunately, I'm not stretching this) As for the worst present, I can assure you it comes in the QVC box and I'll be getting it in the next few days. Last year's was a fishing lure that had a spring in it like the ones you see in toys. pull it and it wiggles. Only problem, we don't really have any fish around here big enough to put the thing in its mouth. But, its the thought that counts - right. :lol: :lol:

I got a fire extinguisher once from my Ex-Husband! ( We were married at the time. :( )

My sister-in-law gave my parents a neon pink flamingo. You plugged it in like a bar light. It glowed.

Same SIL got me these things she had made. Tea cups and saucers that were JB welded to metal rods. I think they were sopposed to be bird feeders. My dad traded me the flamingo lamp for the metal rods.

I did not recieve it but I gave away a really crappy gift once. We had a $5.00 gift exchange and I gave my Nephew a Fleet Enema 2 pak. Everybody laughed their _ _ _ off, except him.

When I was 11 the neighbor man, who was like a father to me, built me a milking stand for my goats. It was in the barn Christmas morning when I went out to do chores. It was one of the best things I have ever been given.

angie2":2o994sk0 said:
When I was 11 the neighbor man, who was like a father to me, built me a milking stand for my goats. It was in the barn Christmas morning when I went out to do chores. It was one of the best things I have ever been given.

"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps....... E. Phillips"

:shock: :shock:

Texas Ranch Man":mqg4w9i3 said:
I did not recieve it but I gave away a really crappy gift once. We had a $5.00 gift exchange and I gave my Nephew a Fleet Enema 2 pak. Everybody laughed their _ _ _ off, except him.

Reckon why that was? :p

Alice

Alice":1tk6aqri said:
Texas Ranch Man":1tk6aqri said:

Alice

Ahhhh, Alice, do you suppose he was just trying to hold it in ?

Nowland Farms":q9oxie8t said:
Alice":q9oxie8t said:
Texas Ranch Man":q9oxie8t said:

Alice

Ahhhh, Alice, do you suppose he was just trying to hold it in ?

Poor little guy...talk about getting a lump of...coal? :oops:

Alice

1848":37ttny6u said:
angie2":37ttny6u said:

"Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps....... E. Phillips"

:shock: :shock:

What? You never feel that way? ;-)

Give it a day, it'll be something else.......

ahhhh christmas gifts.i cant say that ive ever gotten a bad christmas gift.the best christmas gift i ever got was a pinball machine.

Texas Ranch Man":r1x92k8f said:

Someone at work got a toothbrush in the gift exchange. In fact, I will bet that if VHS facutly were to read this thread, several of them would have entries based on our gift exchange this year.

One of my co-owrkers got a tin of popcorn, and some scissors.

?????????

Another got this ginormous summer sausage. It was a lady teacher, and she looked a little embarrassed. Fortunately, someone stole it from her.

Years ago, mid 70s, we belonged to a tape club and forgot to send in the don't send this tape card and received a Perry Como's Greatest Hits double 8-track set. One of my sons took it, still sealed, as his gag gift for their HS Band Christmas party in 92 or 93. The band director said it was without a doubt the very best worst gift he had ever seen. None of the kids were old enough to get it or appreciate it. :roll:

fit2btied":2wu432x9 said:
Years ago, mid 70s, we belonged to a tape club and forgot to send in the don't send this tape card and received a Perry Como's Greatest Hits double 8-track set. One of my sons took it, still sealed, as his gag gift for their HS Band Christmas party in 92 or 93. The band director said it was without a doubt the very best worst gift he had ever seen. None of the kids were old enough to get it or appreciate it. :roll:

That's class. My mom had a Perry Como Christmas record and I wore that thing out. I took it with me to college.

My kids would have no idea what a cassette or a record are, much less an eight track.

My brother-in-law bought his wife a nail gun for christmas. :lol: :lol: Its a good thing she didn't know how to use it. :help:

Mom would buy each of us girls (3) an outfit of their choice for Christmas. I hate the color green and guess what I got for my outfit. Ugly green pants, turtle neck shirt (works better on someone with a long neck) and a pull over multi colored shirt. YUK!
Had wanted this purple outfit instead. Grandma got it for me for my birthday.

My favorite gifts are the same ones each year: socks and underwear. By the time Christmas rolls around my socks are wore thin and I've blown the back end out of my drawers. Can't wait.

cfpinz

Latest posts