Christmas Lights.

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Not XMas lights....:). The older I get the more I appreciate the diversion of Christmas lights. I got started a few years ago with a cross at the farm. I just strung a few for my mom. Some folks really get into it. I still find it a easy way to ease into the season. Do you have lights?

Kingfisher":12qbt7zq said:
Not XMas lights....:). The older I get the more I appreciate the diversion of Christmas lights. I got started a few years ago with a cross at the farm. I just strung a few for my mom. Some folks really get into it. I still find it a easy way to ease into the season. Do you have lights?
Not yet. Neighbors down the road were knocking there's out on sunday making me feel bad. We do have the inside tree up at least and the wife and oldest daughter are working on some ornaments as we speak. Splitting firewood is more of a priority right now for me with the free time I can find

Kingfisher":1bm9kd0c said:

Kingfisher, you ought to get into itbig time and charge people to go through and look at them. There is some big money in that if you do it right.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 2063,d.aWw

The wife has been pecking at it since Sunday. IMHO, it's a waste of time. A tree, would be more than enough for me.

Deepsouth":1g2erszm said:
LRTX1":1g2erszm said:
I neatly packed the lights up last year as to not tangle them up. Spent most of Sunday untangling and hanging them.

:lol2: If you figure out how to put Christmas lights up without them tangling your a genius!
do you not feel that is anything that has cable, no matter what you do it always twists in on itself. :devil2:

I started a few years ago when we had our first child. I enjoy Christmas a lot more now, and I actually enjoy having the lights up. While not a surefire way to eliminate tangles, I started storing mine in plastic Walmart bags, one string per bag. It's made a huge difference in the amount of swearing coming from my house in late November :D .

My wife wanted it "done right" this year so she did it herself. :lol: :lol: She had surgery the day before Thanksgiving so they've been up for ten days already. She did the whole front of the house, the driveway, about fifty feet of hedge, and then strung garland and big red bows down a quarter mile of white three rail fence. It is quite a show.

slick4591":1i59rs88 said:
I have my wife convinced that there's no way to attach Christmas lights to a metal roof. :mrgreen:
Can I talk to her? :lol:

I love lights! The peak of my old farm house is high and quite steep. We run a rope over the top and attach it to the tractor on the opposite side we are working for a safety line. (Probably not so "safe".) If I could afford it, I would light every thing up! Where I live now, people passing by can enjoy them at least. Some years we just concentrate on the outdoor lights and do not bother to decorate inside, if no one will be coming over for Christmas.

slick4591":2cvxpxem said:
I have my wife convinced that there's no way to attach Christmas lights to a metal roof. :mrgreen:

What is her e-mail address, that girl needs about 100 of us telling her different. :lol: :idea:

branguscowgirl":3wrkycw0 said:

Cabo":3wrkycw0 said:
What is her e-mail address, that girl needs about 100 of us telling her different. :lol: :idea:

Y'all stay the heck away from her! She also knows that electricity and metal is a great way to burn the house to the ground. :nod:

slick4591":3q8jqmyh said:
branguscowgirl":3q8jqmyh said:

Cabo":3q8jqmyh said:

Y'all stay the heck away from her! She also knows that electricity and metal is a great way to burn the house to the ground. :nod:

Battery powered leds and your safe.

Most years I can avoid lights altogether, but the relatives are coming here this year, so I will have to put up the fake tree and very simply decorate the place. I refuse to do any outdoor decorating however. I personally don't observe any holidays and every day is just like any other work day to me. Christmas Day I can spend the first 1/2 of the day with my cows, so I still have some balance in that day.

I have wreath hanging by the front door. Come to think of it that wreath has been there for two years now. Good thing it is made out of plastic, it is still holding its color good.

Latest posts