Christmas cookies!

Help Support CattleToday:

Anguscollegekid

Reaction score
What is your favorite Christmas cookie/bar/candy recipe? I feel it's time to start baking! (Any pictures would be awesome, I tend to judge a book by it's cover...) Thanks so much for sharing!

Spritz cookies ~ hands down! I will get a recipe up here.

Try this one!

Graham Cracker Chewies

Crust

1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature, 2 tablespoons all purpose flour

Topping

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 large eggs beaten, . Preheat oven to 350°

Prepare the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and flour in a mixing bowl until moist and crumbly. Press the mixture firmly and evenly in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.

Prepare topping: Stir all the ingredients together until blended. Spread the topping over the baked crust and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut into 16 squares.

these have no name but they are so good, and pretty too.

Butter, cream cheese, sugar, almond extract, flour, baking powder, salt, rice crispies, maraschino cherries.

Cream a cup of butter (2 sticks) with a pkg of cream cheese (8 oz) and a cup of sugar. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract. Sift 2 cups flour with 4 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat into creamed mixture in 3 or 4 additions. Chill dough (I never bother) roll into walnut sized balls and then roll in crushed rice crispies. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press half a cherry into center of each cookie Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes or so.

These look even more seasonal if you use green candied cherries too, but they are gross to eat. Especially the mint ones - blech

Not necessarily a favorite........cause I like allot, and I don't know the recipe other then pillsbury...:)

But.......

How bout them Peanut Butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle? :p :nod:

1848":2k237494 said:
msscamp":2k237494 said:
Sugar cookies rolled out, cut out, and decorated appropriately!

What's appropriately? :p

Green frosting with decorations for Christmas Trees, white frosting with sparkles for angels, red frosting with white piping for Santa Claus, and whatever suits the decorator's fancy for Christmas bells! :p :lol: :lol:

1848":nl3j1cs6 said:
msscamp":nl3j1cs6 said:

I have neices and nephews over to decorate Christmas cookies. One year I left them at it for about 20 minutes ~ is amazing what 4 boys aged 7-10 can do to a group of people shaped sugar cookies with a little bit of frosting and decorations. Should have known the giggling was a bad sign :oops:

Naughty little boys ~ gotta love 'em ;-)

msscamp":seuwxncg said:
1848":seuwxncg said:
msscamp":seuwxncg said:

Green frosting with decorations for Christmas Trees, white frosting with sparkles for angels, red frosting with white piping for Santa Claus, and whatever suits the decorator's fancy for Christmas bells! :p :lol: :lol:

I agree. Those decorated cookies are so cute that it is almost hard to eat them. I did say, almost. :lol: :lol:

I like them all. I'll go with no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. I can only eat them it I have a big glass of milk to go with them.

My Mom used to make these little round cookies, she called them sweedish nutballs. I wish I had her recipe. They were like a shortbread type cookie, she would roll them in a ball and roll in crushed peanuts then press half a marchino cherry on top then bake.

Sweedish nutballs are cookies?! Thats what I call the neighbors :shock:

angie2":1e73pmjt said:
1848":1e73pmjt said:
msscamp":1e73pmjt said:

I have neices and nephews over to decorate Christmas cookies. One year I left them at it for about 20 minutes ~ is amazing what 4 boys aged 7-10 can do to a group of people shaped sugar cookies with a little bit of frosting and decorations. Should have known the giggling was a bad sign :oops:

Naughty little boys ~ gotta love 'em ;-)

For sugar cookies, these are the ones we make for Christmas every year for 30+ years. The'yre called sugarless cream cheese cutouts, but you use so much powdered sugar frosting, that they're very sweet. 1 cup butter, 6 oz. cream cheese, 2 cups flour, pinch of salt (optional). roll out to about 3/8 inch, and use cookie cutters.Bake at 350 , ungreased sheets, for about 11 -12 minutes. They will handle like super-rich pie crust, so they are a bit delicate to frost, but they'll melt in your mouth. Use a regular powdered sugar frosting and decorations. No calories, of course.

This tradition has evolved over the years into the "ugly cookie contest" in our house. After the kids and their boyfriends make plenty of nice looking ones, they get bored and see just how ugly and gross they can make them. I'm always the judge of who wins. No prizes, tho, just the reputation which carries into next year. Yeah, I have a weird family!!! :roll:

My MIL makes this candy called Martha Washingtons. I don't know what's in them but they are fabulous! Would kill for the recipe. I guess I could just ask her, though. It would make clean-up a lot easier! :)

Latest posts