Chooks,Fowls,Chickens,Poultry

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Yes we have poultry as well as cattle. We breed Gold Laced Wyandottes,Silver Laced Wyandottes,Barnevelders,Australorps and we have bantams as well, Pekins and White Wyandottes and about get some Gold Laced ones as well. We also have a few Plymouth Rocks,Isa browns and the odd Sussex or two.My wife has taken a liking to Lavender Pekin bantams,but they are a bit hard to buy,and when you do they a fairly expensive. We have a real McDonalds farm. We breed Finches and Budgerigars too,we have Zebra finches and Bengalese finches. We have a couple of Cockatiels too. :banana:

sounds like you have a good mix of chooks on your farm.ive got chickens guienies an turkeys.an they are so much fun.even when they make me madd.

I really love my chickens, even though I have to blast at them with the shotgun occasionally to get them out of the flower beds. They are fun to watch.

What's even more fun then watching birds, is watching your spouse run around the yard with a broom chasing turkeys.
They got up on his truck.
Wish I had the video camera handy, would have been great footage to watch later.

well you should see me chasing my turkeys.they come up on the porch an crapp.so i get madd grabb hoe clean their mess up.then run them back to their pen with a hoe.an sometimes they learn an dont mess with me but once a day.

Lammie":3r49mmq2 said:
I really love my chickens, even though I have to blast at them with the shotgun occasionally to get them out of the flower beds. They are fun to watch.

Lammie is that before or after you shoot at them, that they are fun to watch?
I am getting a mental image! :lol2:

Auburn_Ag":3fsoywtf said:
Lammie":3fsoywtf said:

Lammie is that before or after you shoot at them, that they are fun to watch?
I am getting a mental image! :lol2:

Okay, picture me in a robe with a .410 busting out the door to catch them off guard, and waking up the house.

Oh yes, and I forgot the safety was off once and I blew a hole in the ground. :help:

Our chooks seldom get into the house yard. Its well fenced to keep or Shih Tzu dogs confined. The dogs would kill a chook if it got in. The Shih Tzus are great little guard dogs,they always alert us to anyone coming,they never damage our garden and are always happy to see you when you come home or simply just been down the paddock. :wave:

We have a good few breeds of chooks too, which mean that we have eggs all year round. the bantams are the kids favourites. We have sussex for eating and isa browns for laying. We also keep geese for eating and to sound the warning if there is a fox. We have 1 shitzu but she hasn't killed a chook yet. She had a maltese mate who did and was there after rehomed. Our chooks also poop on the veranda, my gran runs around with a broom curseing at them. It is hilarious.

Latest posts