Chilifest 2019 Chili competition

Help Support CattleToday:

RentedMule

Reaction score
Howdy Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am making this post on behalf of the 2019 Chilifest chili competition. This contest will be in Snook, Texas on April 5 and 6th. Chilifest is a nonprofit giving back to charity. The competition this year will have a cash prize of $1000 for first place, $750 for second, and $500 for third. If you are in Texas, I would highly encourage you to come out and listen to some of the greatest Texas country artists while cooking some chili. If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected]
I will attach a link below for you to checkout competition rules and the lineup. Hope to see you out there !

http://www.chilifest.org/chilifest-chili-competition/

I'm too old for that any more. :) It was a sight to see back in the day. That was the first time I ever saw a truck and trailer pull up with cases of beer stacked end to end, a couple cases high on both the truck and trailer. Friends of mine had a cart built with a handle to steer that 4 people could push from the front and another 4 people could push from the back. We would talk some frat boys in to hauling our beer to our spot in exchange for using the cart to haul theirs in after. :lol2: We had a gn trailer one year with pits and every thing on the main part and a stage with a pole that folded out one side... good times.

Yeah...I'm past the need to take part in such events. The thing is about 12 miles south of my front lawn and I've never been to one.

:lol: if I remember correctly, in the early days what made it "fun" was the mud waller. You could pretty much count on some soaking rains that weekend.

Yup, I remember being fairly intoxicated and covered in mud and beer. I decided to take a bus back to college station. We talked the driver in to going thru the whataburger drive thru then I had him drop me off a house where my truck was. I walked in... took a shower, ate my whataburger, took a nap, and grabbed a cab to go back and do it all over again. :lol2:

Sodolaks in Snook used to be home of a really good CFS and chicken fried bacon. Been probably 5 years since I've been there.

Latest posts