Children and animal death

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry said:
Are all of you telling me that my first dog did not go to live on another farm??????

Could have never know but mostly likely no.
My neighbor told their daughter there rooster ran away.... I wasn't getting it. I was like what the crap your rooster ran away?! 😅 He like NO 😳 we just told her that. WELL DUH SHELL!! HAHAHA

Expose them to the real facts when they are young and you won't have to worry about their feeling when they get older. We never did the rainbow bridge thing either. Just buried or flushed them and the kids could watch or not.

Chevy said:
What do ya'll say about that jolly rich white guy they call Santa?! 😅 where did this crazy madness even come from? I'd let a rich white guy buy me presents for Christmas that be a sugar daddy what the heck. 😆🤣 So what is the really story behind the story here?! 😝🤑😬
Shell, don't know the really story behind the story, but telling kids to believe in something that isn't real or true don't seem right.

ccr said:
Chevy said:
What do ya'll say about that jolly rich white guy they call Santa?! 😅 where did this crazy madness even come from? I'd let a rich white guy buy me presents for Christmas that be a sugar daddy what the heck. 😆🤣 So what is the really story behind the story here?! 😝🤑😬
Shell, don't know the really story behind the story, but telling kids to believe in something that isn't real or true don't seem right.

I have an issue with telling kids that santa is real. My daughter's mother really wanted her to believe in santa. I've always felt like this is just lying to your kids.

My daughter is almost six, and has her own animals, so it's not unusual to have to tell her something died. In fact, one of her does got her head stuck under a gate a couple of weeks ago and did not survive. She asked what happened, was told the truth and moved on. She has been taught that life has value and death is a reality. I allow her to be sad, but not let her sadness dominate her life. Shyte happens, we move on. I think growing up raising animals, hunting with us and seeing where our food comes from (whether it is the garden or the feedlot) is imperative to a child.

ohiosteve said:
ccr said:
Chevy said:

I have an issue with telling kids that santa is real. My daughter's mother really wanted her to believe in santa. I've always felt like this is just lying to your kids.

:banana: YES I totally agree!!! If we lie to are kids about Santa what else are they going to question that we may have lied about. I don't want to be the party pooper yet don't want to lie to my children. My son is 4 he is extremely smart. (I don't say that cause he is my son he is.) We never told him about Santa he just picked it up from seeing stuff on tv, the stores, school, etc. He keeps asking me if Santa is real and about him. I just tell him do you think he is? I don't want to make him think he is yet not want to crush him he isn't. Guess they figure it out. My daughter on the other hand is 2 could care less about the creepy guy. Haha
I'll believe if the rich white guy bring me some toys. 😝😉🤡 They would be a little more expensive than kids toys and most likely not fix down a chimney. 🤩🤣 hahaha

Latest posts