CHIGGERS...

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":11r78imz said:
My wife was moving rocks a few years ago that were pretty heavy for her so she carried them against her body.

Dun, You wouldn't by chance be kin to old Snuffy Smith would ya?

Brute 23":14cqt4v4 said:
Ivomec once a year will keep them away.... ;-)

Injectable or pour on? I injected my self last year and then I went ahead an vaccinated myself too. :shock:

warpaint":vt3ta1bq said:
Tegerian":vt3ta1bq said:
Garlic pills work or if you have access try some Ramps (wild mountain onions, but be prepared to get real lonely :) ). If it's too late and you have been gotten, you can dab some clear nail polish on the bite areas, seems to work pretty good.

Tried the garlic, and I have tried the polish remedy. :mad:

The only thing I can think of at this point, is to stay out of the pastures, and away from fencing, yard cuttin, gardening, and any manual labor outside. :shock:

Oooooohhhhh NOOOOOO hurry up guys find out something quick. I can't do much more and definately can't do it by myself. PLEASE HURRY MORE REMEDIES!!!! :shock:

Flea bath. Dip 'em regularly. Hold his head under for quite some time. Squirt some Frontline down his back. Might start with multiple doses. Careful he doesn't ingest any of it while he'd lickin hisself. Might want to tape his mouth shut until the flea dip is good and dry.

backhoeboogie":f4sigxty said:
Flea bath. Dip 'em regularly. Hold his head under for quite some time. Squirt some Frontline down his back. Might start with multiple doses. Careful he doesn't ingest any of it while he'd lickin hisself. Might want to tape his mouth shut until the flea dip is good and dry.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i haven't taken the time to read every post, so sorry if i'm repeating someone, but if you can see where the chigger bits are, cover them with clear nail polish. supposedly it suffocates them and gives you relief quicker.

as far as preventing them...your guess is good as mine. :)

circlet":26cma1cq said:
cover them with clear nail polish.

Oh no. Not the clear stuff. WagaAgeyv, you got some pretty hot pink polish? I want pics when you're done! We have got to have some pics of this!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

flaboy?":353pil9s said:
Brute 23":353pil9s said:

Injectable or pour on? I injected my self last year and then I went ahead an vaccinated myself too. :shock:

Pour on... I did it on accident one year and I didn't have any bites. I do it every year now... :D I use to get tore up down here when we were hog hunting.

Brute 23":34oe7988 said:
flaboy?":34oe7988 said:
Brute 23":34oe7988 said:

Pour on... I did it on accident one year and I didn't have any bites. I do it every year now... :D I use to get tore up down here when we were hog hunting.

Does it cure worms too? :lol:

backhoeboogie":3vr63ys9 said:
circlet":3vr63ys9 said:
cover them with clear nail polish.

Oh no. Not the clear stuff. WagaAgeyv, you got some pretty hot pink polish? I want pics when you're done! We have got to have some pics of this!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

She knows better.

Afterall my favorite color is orange, so somethin in a tangerine would be nice. :oops:

warpaint":2q0u0uuy said:
Brute 23":2q0u0uuy said:
flaboy?":2q0u0uuy said:
Brute 23":2q0u0uuy said:

Does it cure worms too? :lol:

Yep.. I think so. I have no problem putting on weight. :(

Pour one cap of pinesol in your bath water will kill all chiggers and stop the itch. Take sulfur tablets if you are not allergic to it. It will keep everthing from biting. But you will be odiferous for sure. :lol:

llcupit":675aftwu said:
Pour one cap of pinesol in your bath water will kill all chiggers and stop the itch. Take sulfur tablets if you are not allergic to it. It will keep everthing from biting. But you will be odiferous for sure. :lol:

Bath water? Yep, Paint, it is Saturday. This thang has gone on long enough.

backhoeboogie":2zzop717 said:
llcupit":2zzop717 said:

Bath water? Yep, Paint, it is Saturday. This thang has gone on long enough.

Dang if it aint!!

Good thang I come back and read this again. I thought it said a "cup" of pinesol. It do say a "cap" don't it?

I coulda lost hide an all!! :lol:

Paint,

This has sure been fun. Too bad it is your misery that I am laughing at. It wouldn't be so doggone funny if I hadn't been there, over and over.

backhoeboogie":dkhwlpzs said:
Paint,

This has sure been fun. Too bad it is your misery that I am laughing at. It wouldn't be so doggone funny if I hadn't been there, over and over.

Boogie, my pain is your pleasure. :lol:

It does appear, however that two of these lil suckers, have black rings on em. And don't ya know, their in the middle of my back, where I can't reach. :shock:

Startin to think now, there may have been a spider or two in the mix.

Paint, Next time you get into a neighborhood full of Chiggers, try soaking in 10 gallons of Acetone .Please share your results with us as soon as you get out of the burn center.

Crowderfarms":x26pish8 said:
Paint, Next time you get into a neighborhood full of Chiggers, try soaking in 10 gallons of Acetone .Please share your results with us as soon as you get out of the burn center.

Gee thanks, "Buddy", next time you need help, I'm the first in line! :roll:

Not to start an argument, but the by the time you start itching, the chigger is no longer buried in your skin. He is gone. So, paint yourself with nail polish, drink vinegar, soak in clorox or acetone. But you may still itch. Some people itch longer than others. I will scratch myself bloody and still itch after the bites scab over. The best thing for me is to take benadryl and cover the bites with cortisone creme. I will use the chiggerX too, but the benadryl really helps.

Latest posts