Chicken Evacuation

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
More chicken issues. I had a hen lay eggs right at my front door. We dont use that door much and before we knew it there were seven chicks and a mad mama. I could not tolerate them there because they would have destroyed the flower beds so William and I did a chicken evacuation. We put mama in a five gallon bucket and the babies in another bucket, covered them with a towel and took them all to a hen house and reunited them. All are well at this writing. I took pics but you can't see them cause my hiney is in them and you'all don't need to see that. :oops:

Anyway, that's my chicken story for the day.

Sorry to hi-jack, but at our 4-H show and sale at the county sale barn, there was a cat that had kittens the night before. So we made a bed for her in front of our sign right next to the entrance. She loved all the attention, which was weird for a barn cat. She got real spoiled and someone moved food and water up there for her.

Kenz":3r4a2ntm said:
Sorry to hi-jack, but at our 4-H show and sale at the county sale barn, there was a cat that had kittens the night before. So we made a bed for her in front of our sign right next to the entrance. She loved all the attention, which was weird for a barn cat. She got real spoiled and someone moved food and water up there for her.

That's nice. Restores my faith in mankind to a certain extent. Thanks for sharing that. :)

Alice

Well, four fo the seven chicks are still alive, which is a better mortality rate than she would have gotten had she stayed in the flower bed. I swear, chickens hatch out looking for creative ways to die.

Kenz, I had a similar experience with cats a long time ago. We had a cat have kettens on the top of a commercial clothes dryer at a boy's ranch where we used to live. We had to extract the kittens from inside, one had a badly burned foot, and find them another place to live without their mama abandoning them. They were all still there when I left. Even the one with the burned foot. I could point him out pretty easy. And though they never really got tamed, they would come out of the bard and get a couple feet from me. Cats can choose some strange places to have kittens. My friend Janice had one that had her kittens in the rafters of their garage. Not smart. It was raining kittens.

My friend Janice had one that had her kittens in the rafters of their garage. Not smart. It was raining kittens
thats funny :D
At the same sale barn, we had a cat get stuck in a hole. No joke :eek: We spent like an hour pulling her out.

Latest posts