Check out this udder!

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep more from the educated idiots.
God love um but they just dont have a clue.
There isnt hardly a line of truth to the whole article.
MD

redfornow":3tnhztkl said:
MD

Seems more like an "agenda" kind of article to me. Surprised it didn;t reference peta. I was particularly interested in the goiter/tumor comment

dun":mk4j91kl said:
redfornow":mk4j91kl said:
MD

Seems more like an "agenda" kind of article to me. Surprised it didn;t reference peta. I was particularly interested in the goiter/tumor comment

Yep something is up isnt it?

I think its a good thing to scrutinize industrial agriculture.

However, there are quite a few inaccurate statements in that piece that undermine the whole argument whoever wrote it is trying to make.

The photo was just frosting on the cake - although it did make me feel better about a couple of cows I have with udders that almost hang down to their hocks!

I especially like how they say milk people drink has antibiotics in it, pretty clueless, antibiotics as most dairy farmers know is a big no no, if treated, cows do not go in the tank-hello!

Factory farms feed grain and ther stuff, a true sign of whoever wrote the arcticle has no clue.

The picture I think is fixed, big bag put on back side of other animal, it just doesn't look right, and I know sometimes cows have big bags and all, but its hardly typical.

What a joke that arcticle was.

Gail

GMN":2v0t2cnv said:

Gail

The said part about the joke is that the people that read it will believe it and that ain;t funny. Repeat a lie or falsehood often enough and it becomes accepted as fact.
I think I'll write an article and get it published about mushroom farming. I don;t know anything about it, but at least I've seen a mushroom. I don;t think the author has ever actaully seen a cow.

dun

dun":h1axk52o said:
GMN":h1axk52o said:

Gail

The said part about the joke is that the people that read it will believe it and that ain;t funny. Repeat a lie or falsehood often enough and it becomes accepted as fact.
I think I'll write an article and get it published about mushroom farming. I don;t know anything about it, but at least I've seen a mushroom. I don;t think the author has ever actaully seen a cow.

dun

Thats very true, it always amazes me just how misinformed the public is about dairy farming, I had a checker at Walmart ask me if I had to milk the cows everyday, and when I said twice a day she actually looked shocked. Plus the other thing is that now that milk is high in the stores, the public automatically thinks us dairy farmers are making a fortune milking cows, or even better yet, that we are responsible for the high cost of milk. I think maybe the milk companies instead of trying to sell more milk, they need to eduacate the public better, and lay to rest some of misinformation that is floating around about dairy farmers.

Gail

I saw that picture once before a few years ago... clicked on it and under properties, the photo had been saved as "mastitis.jpg". This time it's saved under a different name, but it's obviously a cow that had some really bad problems, and really not typical of a dairy animal. Shucks, you can't get a milker on that udder, which right there makes her a cull. :roll:

Ok....

Photo & article are a piece of crap! A cow that was "still alive" with a bag that size (15-20 gallons?) should be in Barnan & Bailey Circus...lol.

Probably another article by the misinformed, NYC PETA, etc., type of uninformed citizens that think milk comes from a carton, not a cow...

Never ceases to amaze me about the "ignorance" of the American Public...lol.

I think the picture has been distorted through some sort of photo software. I do hope some day our dairy farmers start to make all the money they deserve and then some!!
You wouldn't believe some of the things people have said about our limo's and our breed of family dog's (Italian Mastiff, Boarder Collie and American Pitt Bull Terrior). People seem to always believe the liars!!

GMN":abzajfqx said:
I think maybe the milk companies instead of trying to sell more milk, they need to eduacate the public better, and lay to rest some of misinformation that is floating around about dairy farmers.

Gail

No offense, but shouldn't that be the job of the Dairy Breed Associations? I mean The American Angus Association didn't rely on Tyson or any other company to up the perception that their black hided cattle were the best beef. Just my opinion.

Latest posts