Cheap small heifer pairs

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
Picked up 2 2 year old corriente heifer pairs Monday both cows are a whooping 450lbs shall see how this goes freind of mine hauled then to sale we got to talking he bought the heifers at a roping sale to rope and with in a week both has spit out babies. I took a gamble on them shall see how they raise their babies

Attachments

• IMG_5828.MP4
    3.5 MB
What's cheap?

Those look thin even for Corriente. Even with calves I would think they'd gain with a little decent feed.

How much is cheap?
I just picked up 7 cows 2-4 months bred with their 2nd calf.
They are in nice shape, I really like them, but I'm going to resell them.
The picture doesn't do them justice, a couple weigh 800 lbs.

Attachments

• 7ACC45A9-3D17-4EE5-95A9-AEAA460ED100.jpeg
    7ACC45A9-3D17-4EE5-95A9-AEAA460ED100.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Good to hear. I'd like to find some Corriente heifers or cows in Virginia. Price is usually right and they are healthy little cows.
Yes they are healthy cows.
No utter problems.
No calving problems and they hustle.
Some raise calves as good as some beef cows.
I have 15 total and was going to take them out west to my ranch in Coleman county, but the drought dried up my 3 acre lake.
I have community water but don't get out there enough to make sure they will always have water, plus I'm worried one might get stuck in the mud.
I'll probably sell them unless my lake fills up soon.

I'd hit them with a good dewormer and then they just need some good hay or pasture and a little grain. They should make you money, they've already multiplied!
They got worked and are on hay and some rye grass with mineral they will get turned out on good grass in 2 weeks I don't give grain cow can't make it on grass cow can't stay

I do like your cows from what I can tell from the video.
If you put some weight on them, and you got them cheap enough, you will make money.
The ones I bought are bred to angus bulls.
These will be bred to a little angus bull I own I've bought others bred to angus bull but they are bigger framed corrientes

Latest posts