Charlo

Help Support CattleToday:

bse

Reaction score
Charlo 16879074 looks like we all need to use him. First 5 at SAV, Charlo sons I think flush mates $2,260,000 pretty good start to a sale.

I think Herbster bought 2. 1 for 750,000 1 for 450,000. Select Sites 1 at 460,000, ST Genetics 1 for 450,000. Ingram 165,000

bse":2qlx4eu8 said:
Charlo 16879074 looks like we all need to use him. First 5 at SAV, Charlo sons I think flush mates $2,260,000 pretty good start to a sale.

He may very well be a good bull, but I'm not sure this proves it.

We have been using him for three years, so far pretty happy with the results. We flushed our Blackcap May 0524 to him on 1/10 got 9 eggs and put them all in. Hopefully a bunch of them stuck.

Gizmom

Gizmon, good look with that flush. Guess it's pretty close to the mating that should be the top dollar flush of all time.
There was 2 more sold in that flush I think making it around 2.5 million on that flush. Anyone know of a flush making more?

bse

If it isn't the highest it has to be in the running. I had heard that the Charlo Bulls were going to go high but they went higher than I expected. They sold a heifer out of the flush sister to our Blackcap May cow lot 561 but I haven't heard how she sold. I heard the Charlo heifers sold high as well.

Gizmom

gizmom":37eeodsf said:
bse

If it isn't the highest it has to be in the running. I had heard that the Charlo Bulls were going to go high but they went higher than I expected. They sold a heifer out of the flush sister to our Blackcap May cow lot 561 but I haven't heard how she sold. I heard the Charlo heifers sold high as well.

Gizmom

In a few years I may regret not buying that Charlo bull. I liked that Charlo bull calf you had at the ultra black classic. He should really be a stud by now.

His calves are very moderate in our herd but weigh as much as the larger framed calves. He throws mass and muscle for sure. We have one 16 month old Charlo left in the bull pen reg# 18473952 he is a really nice calf deep, thick just good. The boss palpated heifers yesterday and told me one of the Charlo heifers was pretty rough to work, so we will be watching temperament on them. I am to dang old to deal with snorty cattle. We have had quite a few Charlo's but this is the first one that has shown out.

Gizmom

Gizmom,
A friend of mine saw Charlo in person and said his attitude was not good at all. however I have seen one Charlo calf and he wasn't bad.

About like any other EPD, they were pretty good until they incorporated genomics into the calculation. If you aren't using the 5 most popular sires then genomics will punish you.. Genomics is a big load of steaming be nice.

So, it wouldn't be a horrible decision to buy some heifers that were A.I.'ed by him?

Hunter":20rr0pxx said:
So, it wouldn't be a horrible decision to buy some heifers that were A.I.'ed by him?

Depends what you paid for them and the quality of the heifers.

angus9259":1zdt0ger said:
Hunter":1zdt0ger said:

Depends what you paid for them and the quality of the heifers.

I set myself up for that answer. :)

Latest posts