Cattle Scales

Help Support CattleToday:

Redhides

Reaction score
Good Morning Gents,

Looking for a recommendation on livestock scales. Just need a single for under my squeeze shoot. I may have 200 head go over it a year, not a real heavy use. Just need something reasonable and reliable.

Thanks in advance

I put a set from B & B Scales in early this year. Reasonably priced, time will tell on reliability.

xbred":8p0naw5g said:
do you like it so far? which one did you get? the kit?
This is the ones I got, the display looks a little different.

http://bbscales.com/Extreme-Duty-Weighb ... EDWB48.htm

So far I like them. Hard to really tell weighing a cow or calf then comparing it to sale barn scales because of shrink. I can pile bags of mineral or feed in the chute and it is seldom off, weighed 5 bags of mineral one time and it was off 1 pound, but who knows how exact they are and the mineral had been around a few months. Always seem pretty consistent, I put a couple bags on it once in a while plus weigh myself a lot in between cows to see if it is staying the same.

We always used a weigh tape before to help with giving meds and wormers, some cows it is really off. I considered putting a platform in the alley but glad mine are under the chute. You really need to consider how any of them will work in your setup. In the alley was a hassle for me, stop them to weigh them then let them in the chute. Just a hassle to have the extra step for me, could have redone my setup to make it work.

i have wanted a set for a while, but other things seem to get priority. good to hear that under the chute is better, i was thinking about a separate weigh platform...you are right under the chute seems best.....