Cattle prod

Help Support CattleToday:

I like others believe a hotshot is an important tool when used properely.
But if you get in my pens while working cattle and start yelling and waving your arms around
I will use the hotshot on you.
When this happens you are getting the whole herd stirred up and then things go to he++ in a handbasket.

Cal

I might add,I do some times curse and call my cows names but it's in a mild tone of voice so they don't know I'm mad at them. :nod: :lol:

Cal

This thread prompted me to order one last week.its not here yet but Sure could've used it this morning trying to get a new heifer into the squeeze. She walks right up to the entrance and freezes. Twisting her tail doesn't do anything.

hooknline":wd2lrzey said:
This thread prompted me to order one last week.its not here yet but Sure could've used it this morning trying to get a new heifer into the squeeze. She walks right up to the entrance and freezes. Twisting her tail doesn't do anything.

Thread prompted me to get one, too. That, and a young bull calf I was trying to load on a trailer a couple of weeks ago. I decided he was less ornery than he was stupid. Couldn't figure out how to get in the trailer and then couldn't figure how to get out at the sale. When he started backing up with me behind him in the chute is when I realized I need a hot shot. Didn't know I could still move that fast :D

denvermartinfarms":2lm59yzv said:
I'm a little suprised at how many of you all haven't ever had a hot shot. I thought about everyone had atleast one.

I have one now; that calf convinced me. I'm only 61 :) so I'm still learning, but didn't start this until I retired from my day job and inherited the place from my dad. I used to hate helping him out here, because he didn't believe in spending money on power tools of any sort. I love it now.

stocky":27k8dyef said:
Yes, most of the people that I am around probably figure I need to be hit with a hot shot every so often just on general principle----LOL

Just kidding, I sense you are a good person to work with. :)

Latest posts