Cattle dog

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a Australian shepherd/blue heeler. Dumbest dang dog ever.was supposed to be a cattle dog, but doesn't seem to have much desire

tamarack":3gdx0kqf said:
Kelpie and Blue Healer and?

I definately see the Kelpie and heeler, but all the extra white is what threw me. Anyways, doesn't matter what the look like when they work like that! :cboy:

fnfarms1":18w56vmu said:
I have a Australian shepherd/blue heeler. Dumbest dang dog ever.was supposed to be a cattle dog, but doesn't seem to have much desire

Probably one of the worst crosses for a good cattle dog. Shepards and heelers are just too different in working style and demeanor, maybe? We have a beagle/ACD cross who is an awesome pet, but rarely can focus on the cattle long enough to get anything done before she smells a bunny and is gone!

once a good dog learns what and when todo something it becomes 2nd nature to them.the day is coming when you wont have tobe in the pen with her to move them around.

Yes she is only just over a year old and improves steady only problem is she is terrified of riding on anything I have tried to take her on tractor and quad and she pukes every time you cant catch her if she thinks you are going to drive. If you walk she will follow always.

Latest posts