Cattle CHUTE!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I was looking too not to long ago. Talked and really looked at the cow-co at the nail show i really liked that chute alot! I thought it was very well thought out and seemed to have really good support behind it. I think one would be very happy with it. I found a deal on a for-most and went that route.

For one man operation I'd look at the Arrow with movable head gate latch. I have a Pearson and it's been a great chute but can be a pain getting the head caught when by yourself.

Ended up getting a Pearson. Manual head gate, squeeze, neck inject doors, fitting bars, slide rear door, palp cage. Not their top model, but the next one below it. He took in my old Palco on trade

Different strokes for different folks, but I have had pretty good luck with this brand also. Other brans are nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArebZalZWqc

Mod2 said:
Arrowquip Chutes said:
torogmc81 said:
Poorly built probably not the words I looking for. 2 longtime vets (doing some herdwork, semen testing, etc for me), one ET tech, and a handful of highly respected cattlemen gave me their "black list", Priefert first out of their mouth.

I know for most is popular but the ratcheting head gate along with the price stop me.
NO one has experience with Palco, Cowco, or Pearson. Maybe it's a regional thing, I don't know

I like the Arrow series. Here's one for ya though. The reps at Louisville were absolutely horrible. They were more worried about talking to each other. It was like pulling teeth to ask questions. Went back later and they had a whole different group there. Talked to one guy for a few minutes and he was mumbling and stumbling after every spec question I asked. I couldn't believe it. Seriously, it was like they had just hired some interns that morning.

Hi torogmc81, we apologize for your experience at our trade show booth. If we may ask - what day did you drop by the Arrowquip booth at the Louisville show? We have 2 locations at the show and would like to look into this issue further. We want to ensure that our reps are always on their a-game at shows! Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks :) -AOL

You're welcome to our forum to discuss topics. No advertising.
How do you view this as advertising? Others were trying to sell their chute and the Arrow company was just trying to solve what they thought might be an issue. I saw both their booths at Louisville but didn't need a chute so I didn't stop. Next year because of their concern for customer service I will stop and at least check them out.

As Silver above, not an ad IMO, I would encourage them to participate and answer questions, I doubt they want to post about the latest calf drop ;-)

How great for anyone thinking of buying something off them to be able to ask direct ! But maybe the rules mean they would have to do by PM, but that means others interested would not learn much.

Not to change the subject, but the price of cattle going down like they are, will there be a market come fall, it maybe suspended also. I remember when good calves brought 25 cents a pound. The way it is looking the best chute maybe be not one until things pickup.

kenny thomas said:
Mod2 said:
Arrowquip Chutes said:
Hi torogmc81, we apologize for your experience at our trade show booth. If we may ask - what day did you drop by the Arrowquip booth at the Louisville show? We have 2 locations at the show and would like to look into this issue further. We want to ensure that our reps are always on their a-game at shows! Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks :) -AOL

How do you view this as advertising? Others were trying to sell their chute and the Arrow company was just trying to solve what they thought might be an issue. I saw both their booths at Louisville but didn't need a chute so I didn't stop. Next year because of their concern for customer service I will stop and at least check them out.

Yep!

jltrent said:
Not to change the subject, but the price of cattle going down like they are, will there be a market come fall, it maybe suspended also. I remember when good calves brought 25 cents a pound. The way it is looking the best chute maybe be not one until things pickup.

Been thinking about this A LOT over past few days. Really tightening up on any and all expenses in preparation for a rough fall potentially. I wonder how many folks this will drive completely out of cattle? Also, is it possible that the current events might help flip things around for the American cattleman? After the feed lots cycle through current stock?

bball said:
jltrent said:

Been thinking about this A LOT over past few days. Really tightening up on any and all expenses in preparation for a rough fall potentially. I wonder how many folks this will drive completely out of cattle? Also, is it possible that the current events might help flip things around for the American cattleman? After the feed lots cycle through current stock?

I read somewhere that one Costco sold 19,000lb of beef in one day last week.

bball said:
kenny thomas said:
Mod2 said:

Yep!

I agree with B-ball and KT. Reads more like problem solving than advertising.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
bball said:
kenny thomas said:

Yep!

I agree with B-ball and KT. Reads more like problem solving than advertising.
+1

Here is some good reading as I have in the past probably been borderline on some of these. I was on another site for many years and the new mod that took over would send you berry picking in a hurry over any advertising as it didn't matter if you had 1 post or 20K and sometimes without warning. I did not see any here.
The moderators spend may hours keeping these boards going and this board has many years of research that I use about daily. I would not want to be a mod as I have seen them try to be nice on other forums and the members about destroyed them and it appeared the bigger the AZZ the less problems they had.

At the bottom of the page as you can see this board was updated to what it use to be and with the statement below you can not run from your past so if a couple years ago you did something and left it is still there recorded with the mod probably posting a small note below it.

The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
You agree that "CattleToday.com" has the right to delete, edit, move or close any post or topic or ban any Member at any time as we see fit.

CattleToday.com - Terms of use
By accessing "CattleToday.com" (hereinafter "we", "us", "our", "CattleToday.com", "http://cattletoday.com/forum"), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use "CattleToday.com". We may change these at any time and we'll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of "CattleToday.com" after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter "they", "them", "their", "phpBB software", "www.phpbb.com", "phpBB Limited", "phpBB Teams") which is a bulletin board solution released under the "GNU General Public License v2" (hereinafter "GPL") and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other offensive material including "cyber-stalking" (posting private information about other members ). You agree not to post any copyrighted material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that "CattleToday.com" has the right to delete, edit, move or close any post or topic or ban any Member at any time as we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither "CattleToday.com" nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Cattle Today, Inc. DMCA Notice & Takedown Procedure

Cattle Today, Inc. abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to material residing on a site that is controlled or operated by Cattle Today, Inc. (such as cattletoday.com or ranchers.net) that is claimed to be infringing, in which case we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA.

Cattle Today, Inc. does not control content hosted on third party websites, and cannot remove content from sites it does not own or control. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third party site, and you have not authorized the use of your content, please contact the administrator of that website directly to have the content removed.

Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material or Counter-Notification, you may wish to contact a lawyer to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with Cattle Today, Inc.' rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.

Notice of Infringing Material

To file a notice of infringing material on a site owned or controlled by Cattle Today, Inc. (such as cattletoday.com or ranchers.net), please provide a notification containing the following details:

(1) Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
(2) Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
(3) Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
(4) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(5) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
(6) Your physical or electronic signature.

Then send this notice to:

By Mail:

DMCA Agent: Macon W Gravlee, Jr.
6437 Lake Vista Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
By Email:

Email: [email protected]

Counter-Notification

If material that you have posted to a site controlled or operated by Cattle Today, Inc. (such as cattletoday.com, ranchers.net) has been taken down, you may file a counter-notification that contains the following details:

(1) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
(2) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material in question;
(3) Your name, address and telephone number
(4) A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for judicial district in which your address is located or, if your address is outside of the USA, for any judicial district in which Cattle Today, Inc. may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who submitted a notice in compliance with the section (c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, as generally described above;
(5) Your physical or electronic signature.

Then send this notice to:

By Mail:

DMCA Agent: Macon W Gravlee, Jr.
6437 Lake Vista Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
Email: [email protected]

If you are not already bored here is more reading that these boards have to comply too..........if they fail to comply the feds can take them down...

https://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf

We needed a chute for the same reasons you listed -- AI, testing bulls (including mature bulls), swing out sides to be able to clip, portable, head sweep, etc. Spec'd out a Pearson with all the add-ons and was around $10.5K on a manual. Wound up with a Lakeside LS350 http://www.lakesidelivestock.com/ls-350.html that doesn't need add-ons because all the features are integrated. Cost $11,000, but it is solid, weighs 3200#, tows like a dream on the highway and no hydraulic motors to fool with. I wanted to stay in that $5K area too, but figuring this chute will be around for 20 years, $500/year isn't too bad if it does exactly what I want and if we sell out before that, it will be worth some money in the auction.
I've been looking at a Lakeside 350. Saw you purchased one a while back and was curious if you still liked the chute and if it was holding up well for you? Thanks for sharing the info.

It is holding up well and works very good. The only criticism I have of it is that weaning age calves and yearlings will sometimes fight after being caught and raise up on their front end and catch their front leg in the area between the head catch and the chute (gap where we vaccinate through). I am considering installing a removable bar across the head catch somehow that would keep their heads (and hence their front end) from being able to pop up that high. We haven't injured one yet, but it is a pain in the butt to get their front foot out of the gap. We use a shoulder brand on the left shoulder and the access to apply the brand is not very good, but if you use humping bar and don't catch the head and squeeze them up good and tight can get the brand on.

Other than that little issue, this a really good chute. I like the built in palp cage and it has plenty of room to A.I. 1600 lb. cows (only have a couple that size). The head catch opens the full width of the chute, so if they can fit the chute they can go out through the head catch and I haven't had any cows or bulls not fit the chute.

The wheel kit is awesome. One person can have it ready to transport in 10 minutes and with some other help, less than 5 minutes.

I have 2 , one I bought from tsc, one I bought at an equipment sale (brand new).
These were about the cheapest I could find, ( I was raised up poor and still look for the best deal), I have them set up where we can palpate, dehorn, vaccinate ect.
I'm building a new pen and my Cowboys want me to buy one of the fancy ones, I just might.
If my grandpa could see my working pens now compared to what we use to work cattle in, he would have something to say to me about upgrading even more, (g d boy what's the matter with you). Lol.

Sounds like me several years ago when I was looking for a chute. I did my due diligence and came up with Powder River. Head and shoulders more rugged than Priefert. I don't have the auto catch head gate because, at the time, I had cattle with horns (some, all different sizes). But even without the autocatch, I could operate it by myself - 9 times out of 10. Keep in mind my Powder River is 20 years old and is bullet proof. I have no idea how they're made today. Good luck.

Sounds like me several years ago when I was looking for a chute. I did my due diligence and came up with Powder River. Head and shoulders more rugged than Priefert. I don't have the auto catch head gate because, at the time, I had cattle with horns (some, all different sizes). But even without the autocatch, I could operate it by myself - 9 times out of 10. Keep in mind my Powder River is 20 years old and is bullet proof. I have no idea how they're made today. Good luck.
My Powder River XL is a manual head gate and about 8 or 9 years old. It has been bullet proof. They made some improvements over the older ones. The best one is the squeeze lever. It now runs parallel to the chute and lifts back up out of the way when you turn it loose. There was a Preifert here when I bought this place. The neighbors just about threw a party when I hauled it to the auction.

Latest posts