cattle census

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't fill out anything voluntary. If I thought that my time would be well spent, it would be one thing. But I'm pretty sure that the surveys are designed to give someone a job and I don't believe in all the excess. I tell them that. But, I'm dumb enough to let IRS agents have it as well. I get tired of all the waste and ridiculousness. The last being me making a payment that they can't find and then them try to make it my problem. I get my money's worth out of talking to them. If you know anything about the regulations and get them chasing their own tails, it makes for good entertainment and they can't hang up on you. I call em on days I can spend some time running them in circles until they get tired. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Been told by more than one person, to "leave everything blank, sign it, send it in--you've then done all that is "required by law"..

But, what I want to know is--What is it that triggers getting one of these census? I know people that have more acreage than I do, more cattle, more crops and they've never got one, but seems I get one every time the wind changes direction? What is it that puts ya on their radar?

Got the phone call a few days ago and the packet in the mail yesterday. I seem to get one every year or so. Good idea about only answering the questions you want to.

cow pollinater":3oitjpct said:
You have to read the fine print on those deals. I don't remember making a deal ;(.
What creeps me out is that we've moved within the last eight months and decided to shut off our landline phone... How come all government regulatory agencies now have my cell phone and new address? I never contacted them and told them that I moved. :shock: Yet DMV and anything service wise still doesn't get it and I TOLD them.
Ain't that the truth! It's pretty hard to run from this new technology. I'm not sure what to think about the intrusion that goes on weather it's deliberate or happenstance.:(

Put note on mine it said get the A holes in DC do their job and get a farm bill , Then I will do mine.
Mailed in . Did this In Dec.

I got one the last time it was sent out. Never filled it out and never got a phone call, email, or anything in the mail. Also haven't gotten one this year. I guess I'm lucky. :???:

Well, I had been following this post, and was thinking I was lucky I didn't get one. Just got mine today, and it says I have to it mailed by the 4th (2 days). My question is this; How the he!! am I supposed to know that my answers for year 2012 (due in 2 days) will match what my accountant comes up with on my taxes (due April 15)????? Can I guess? Will they hold me to it :lol2:
I've got them before, and always trashed them. Never got a call, or anything else. This one is much more detailed and intrusive than the past ones

i wrote down the numbers i gave them to take to my acct....i am concerened about it also...right before tax time....its aloada bs..i was so pissed filling mine out...

i wrote down the numbers i gave them to take to my acct....i am concerened about it also...right before tax time....its aloada bs..i was so pissed filling mine out...

I've been putting mine off. What a PITA. Ag is my LIFE and they want to know about ALL of it. Soooo... I dug in and found the penalties for non response. Fraudulent responses are up to $500. Refusal to answer are up to $100... I completed my survey on line in a rocord amount of time by just clicking "next" about two dozen times and am waiting for my fine in the mail. :D Much cheaper than paying for all the subsidies that the current bunch of idiots would come up with if we all answered honestly.

I was asking because there is no way I can answer all these questions with any degree of accuracy in 2 days. I don't know why I received mine late (or later than all of you). There is not a post mark on the envelope. I can't do it right even if I wanted to. I think I will just sign it, and place a really brief letter explaining that the information requested is yet to be determined by my CPA and various other alphabet soup. Come see me after my taxes are done. This is BS. Seems like it would be real easy to be honest and still screw up

think the irs and the census work together for cheats...i dont like it..a census shouldnt be asking all that financial stuff...amt of animals maybe..not how much money ya make off em tho...

i left alot blank..but no too much

dieselbeef":3fvr94gn said:
think the irs and the census work together for cheats...i dont like it..a census shouldnt be asking all that financial stuff...amt of animals maybe..not how much money ya make off em tho...

i left alot blank..but no too much
I left the whole middle blank, that was the money part

i wanted to..but i put in est guesses...i getthe whole family farm thing but why the $$ is the intrusive part of it i didnt like..how many of ea..heifer/steer/cow etc...lotta bull alright

Latest posts