cattle census

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
got one...havent opened it yet. another gov't intrusion i see..hope there aint no questions about gun control in it

gary

I got an automated phone call last week saying I would be getting one. They basically said to fill it out quickly and send it in or they would keep calling to remind me.

Got mine friday, filled out as much as I wanted to and sent it back saturday

Last year I forgot to send mine in and somebody called and did it over the phone while I was driving down road.

I had gov't guy drop and ask me a bunch of questions a couple of weeks ago. They ought to know its a sign of poor manners and faulty upbringing to ask how many cattle you have.

highgrit":331uyckr said:
Probably trying to figure a way to tax them, like pine trees.

If only your cattle didn't fart so much we wouldn't have a problem. I supplement mine Beano twice a day. :lol2:

highgrit":neycqmjk said:
Probably trying to figure a way to tax them, like pine trees.

im sure its just a matter of time..if i tell em i only have 2 how will they know the diff..after i filled in my population census last time someone came out to the house and let themselves in past the gate..i ran em off with a pinepost...between me and the dog he wouldnt even roll down the window :lol:

i aint opened it yet..maybe tonite.

govt need to gtf outta my biz...dangit

dun":5jfb86f7 said:
Got mine friday, filled out as much as I wanted to and sent it back saturday

thats exactly what I do dun. Fill out what I want them to know.. send it back.

Sneaky of Macon to keep the system down long enough that folks would get bored and do the census for something to kill time

dun":1a36tjag said:
Sneaky of Macon to keep the system down long enough that folks would get bored and do the census for something to kill time

:lol2: :lol2: And then offer up the excuse that things got "scrambled". I smell a conspiracy here. :lol2: :lol2:

Maybe Macon had to fill out a census as to how many users are on CT. :hide:

Katherine

I got not just one, but two different questioners.....and a phone call. I let her get far enough into the survey where numbers begin to get involved and told her I did not have the information she was seeking in front of me....it was 7 pm or so...and that I had already filled out and sent in two of them and if the post office equipment didn't eat them they should arrive in a month or so.

She said she that was good and they would call back if it didn't show up....like I'm going to answer a call from Oklahoma City again..... ;-)

Workinonit Farm":pxey1cf2 said:
dun":pxey1cf2 said:

:lol2: :lol2: And then offer up the excuse that things got "scrambled". I smell a conspiracy here. :lol2: :lol2:

Katherine
At least you don't have to get fingerprinted and give a DNA sample to read and post on CT---Yet.

but you can be sure someone i tracking it somewhere..

what happens if i ignore the census...i gotta find alotta that info out. not like its all in my head

govt need to get outta my biz..first guns..now this crap....what next

You have to read the fine print on those deals. I get a few each year concerning various ag activities. Most of them are voluntary but some of them are required. I don't think that the requirements have any real teeth but nothing makes a government agency happier than someone they can make an example out of so nothing would surprise me.
They will call you even on the voluntary ones if you don't reply and they will rattle off a bunch of regulation to try to intimidate you into answering the survey. You have to be the one to point out that it says "voluntary" on it.
What creeps me out is that we've moved within the last eight months and decided to shut off our landline phone... How come all government regulatory agencies now have my cell phone and new address? I never contacted them and told them that I moved. :shock: Yet DMV and anything service wise still doesn't get it and I TOLD them.

Ryder":2cs0uxvx said:
Workinonit Farm":2cs0uxvx said:
dun":2cs0uxvx said:

Katherine
At least you don't have to get fingerprinted and give a DNA sample to read and post on CT---Yet.

Shhhhhhh....don't give anyone any ideas! :hide:

Katherine

Latest posts