Cats vs. Snakes ?

Help Support CattleToday:

starlinka":35jfaurj said:
Wewild":35jfaurj said:
The cats do what they do just as snakes.
But unlike snakes, cats are not in their native habitat!

I try to live in the present. We got 3 cats and a dog. They live here just as we do. They have their part in what makes the family exist.

"Native" as you use it is a relative term in time.

I also have two cats . They don't go outside because it's not safe for the birds and it's not safe for the cats either. But they have a kennel they can get to any time they want .

P1010150Medium.jpg

starlinka":95jvs47e said:
I also have two cats . They don't go outside because it's not safe for the birds and it's not safe for the cats either. But they have a kennel they can get to any time they want .

That's just plain different. It just shows how far off the main stream you are. More power to you. Life is great in the USA. I can't agree with much you seem to stand for. I don't kill snakes out of hand. Your actions seem to be contradicting. I guess that is those cat's "Natural" habitat.

I think we need to get back to arguing about Bulls, Cows Heifers, and Steers. This is going nowhere and whoever said it sounds like a PETA commercial is probably right. Seems like we have to get drawn into one of these touchy feeley arguments just about once a month.

Wewild your wasting your time with her man , may as well just let it go.

OMG I am so sorry I finally read this thread .... ugh and pictures,,,....... :cry2:

Thank goodness we don't have snakes ...Like some have said I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't have experience with them .

Best to all of you.. :cowboy:

Wewild":15pfiiwh said:
I guess that is those cat's "Natural" habitat.

Cat's are not wild animals anymore and they don't have a "natural habitat".

3waycross":15pfiiwh said:
whoever said it sounds like a PETA commercial is probably right.
Try googling "cats and wildlife" and see how many links will be from PETA.

Looks more like you arguing with each other! :lol:

Wewild":15pfiiwh said:
The cats do what they do just as snakes. I can't train a cat to kill selected animals. I sure like that they work on the rodents.
I take them to the same place as all of the (songbird and gamebird eating) feral cats. They all get their own little Harps to play and are happy all the time.

Before all the cat lovers go nuts, I'll admit I have a Siamese cat that I like a lot. She stays in the house and doesn't bother other people or eat birds, and the only snakes I kill are Rattle snakes.
:tiphat:

I've stayed out of this one mainly because I don't particularly care for snakes OR cats. But I do believe everything has a purpose in the grand scheme of things, and I've become somewhat of a softy over the years when it comes to killing things for no good reason. On the other hand, if any animal, wild or domestic, becomes a threat to me, my family, or my livelyhood, I won't hesitate to kill it.

3waycross":2u6dtgn7 said:

Maybe so. Life for us all is what we see as right. I have seen a first in her for me anyway.

VanC":3pbbz2d0 said:
I've stayed out of this one mainly because I don't particularly care for snakes OR cats.

Cat's are cost effective around here. They seem to eliminate store bought rodent control.

Wewild":14a5wvab said:
VanC":14a5wvab said:
I've stayed out of this one mainly because I don't particularly care for snakes OR cats.

Cat's are cost effective around here. They seem to eliminate store bought rodent control.

I agree. We have some great rat-hunting cats. Traps only go so far, but those cats do a number on them. They are as wild as the deuce but that makes them all the better. As for on snakes, a dog does good but so does a shovel or a shotgun.

Latest posts