Dog vs. Beaver

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":2abqwhtb said:
Chocolate Cow":2abqwhtb said:
TC-I'm betting you have badgers. They're rarely seen during the day. You have holes the size of a dinner plate in an alfalfa field? Probably a badger. Nasty creature with a bad attitude 100% of the time.

I know we have marmots in the alfalfa and armadillos are the bane of my existence (even destroying the yard at the house). We're getting ready to tear up the alfalfa & re-plant with bermuda; I'll have to check out the holes.

I stand corrected. Didn't get a full-blown eye roll when hubby said "of course we have badgers!" but I'm pretty sure he was thiiiis close.

greybeard":36asemgr said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHiOwR7cfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msdgAJ7tCX8
The scientific name of an American badger sounds like a g-man gone wild taxidea taxus.

The new mascot for the government.
172396-004-9093398B.jpg

reeler":38itp5fh said:
Any update on Obie?

He's doing great but keeping him somewhat calm so he doesn't break open the staples is a challenge. But he's a great patient and sits still while I clean/spray the wound under his ear and just eats his antibiotic pills if I toss 'em in his food bowl - don't have to disguise them with deli meat or cheese :)

TCRanch":2eflmvrr said:
reeler":2eflmvrr said:
Any update on Obie?

He's doing great but keeping him somewhat calm so he doesn't break open the staples is a challenge. But he's a great patient and sits still while I clean/spray the wound under his ear and just eats his antibiotic pills if I toss 'em in his food bowl - don't have to disguise them with deli meat or cheese :)

How long is he supposed to be on the antibiotic? If its any length of time, a dose of probiotics may not be a bad idea to keep his gut happy...if hes not a picky eater, yogurt will do the trick too!

Boot Jack Bulls":2b6mqvay said:
TCRanch":2b6mqvay said:
reeler":2b6mqvay said:
Any update on Obie?

How long is he supposed to be on the antibiotic? If its any length of time, a dose of probiotics may not be a bad idea to keep his gut happy...if hes not a picky eater, yogurt will do the trick too!
Antibiotics are for 10 days. The last time he killed a beaver he ate it - he has an iron gut! But good idea for possible upset. I keep OTC acid reducers handy for my other lab that will also eat anything and does NOT have an iron gut. I do have probiotics for cattle (prob not the best choice) but yogurt? Even the smell of it makes me gag but if Obie needs it or it would be beneficial I'd suck it up :)

TC, yogurt really does work. When I was a kid, I bought a QH mare off the track for a barrel horse. Her guts (and brain) were fried. She had extensive blood work done, just to find out she needed probiotics on a regular basis. Vet recommended yogurt since it was a cheap, but effective fix. She loved french vanilla yogurt (Dannon) and would eat a big tub full in the blink of an eye! Now, anytime one of my dogs gets an oral med, they get some yogurt as insurance.

Boot Jack Bulls":1ofyc90b said:
TC, yogurt really does work. When I was a kid, I bought a QH mare off the track for a barrel horse. Her guts (and brain) were fried. She had extensive blood work done, just to find out she needed probiotics on a regular basis. Vet recommended yogurt since it was a cheap, but effective fix. She loved french vanilla yogurt (Dannon) and would eat a big tub full in the blink of an eye! Now, anytime one of my dogs gets an oral med, they get some yogurt as insurance.
X2 on the yogurt. Wal-Mart actually makes a vanilla yogurt that's slightly cheaper than Dannon, & my dogs loves it too. Obie update?

reeler":3qmxm65u said:
Boot Jack Bulls":3qmxm65u said:
X2 on the yogurt. Wal-Mart actually makes a vanilla yogurt that's slightly cheaper than Dannon, & my dogs loves it too. Obie update?
Doing great and the wounds are healing, haven't lost a staple yet but they itch and it's hard to keep him from scratching. Going into town tomorrow and have yogurt on my list :)

Latest posts