Cartoons

Help Support CattleToday:

Ann Coulter nails it with her typical insight and wit...

acoulter.jpg

Calvin and Hobbes – and Muhammad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
February 8, 2006
© 2006 Ann Coulter

As my regular readers know, I've long been skeptical of the "Religion of Peace" moniker for Muslims – for at least 3,000 reasons right off the top of my head. I think the evidence is going my way this week.

The culture editor of a newspaper in Denmark suspected writers and cartoonists were engaging in self-censorship when it came to the Religion of Peace. It was subtle things, like a Danish comedian's statement, paraphrased by the New York Times, "that he had no problem urinating on the Bible but that he would not dare do the same to the Quran."

So, after verifying that his life insurance premiums were paid up, the editor expressly requested cartoons of Muhammad from every cartoonist with a Danish cartoon syndicate. Out of 40 cartoonists, only 10 accepted the invitation, most of them submitting utterly neutral drawings with no political content whatsoever.

But three cartoons made political points.

One showed Muhammad turning away suicide bombers from the gates of heaven, saying "Stop, stop – we ran out of virgins!" – which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. Another was a cartoon of Muhammad with horns, which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. The third showed Muhammad with a turban in the shape of a bomb, which I believe was an expression of post-industrial ennui in a secular – oops, no, wait: It was more of a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence.

In order to express their displeasure with the idea that Muslims are violent, thousands of Muslims around the world engaged in rioting, arson, mob savagery, flag-burning, murder and mayhem, among other peaceful acts of nonviolence.

Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back.

The little darlings brandish placards with typical Religion of Peace slogans, such as: "Behead Those Who Insult Islam," "Europe, you will pay, extermination is on the way" and "Butcher those who mock Islam." They warn Europe of their own impending 9-11 with signs that say: "Europe: Your 9/11 will come" – which is ironic, because they almost had me convinced the Jews were behind the 9-11 attack.

The rioting Muslims claim they are upset because Islam prohibits any depictions of Muhammad – though the text is ambiguous on beheadings, suicide bombings and flying planes into skyscrapers.

The belief that Islam forbids portrayals of Muhammad is recently acquired. Back when Muslims created things, rather than blowing them up, they made paintings, frescoes, miniatures and prints of Muhammad.

But apparently the Quran is like the Constitution: It's a "living document," capable of sprouting all-new provisions at will. Muslims ought to start claiming the Quran also prohibits indoor plumbing, to explain their lack of it.

Other interpretations of the Quran forbid images of humans or animals, which makes even a child's coloring book blasphemous. That's why the Taliban blew up those priceless Buddhist statues, bless their innocent, peace-loving little hearts.

Largely unnoticed in this spectacle is the blinding fact that one nation is missing from the long list of Muslim countries (by which I mean France and England) with hundreds of crazy Muslims experiencing bipolar rage over some cartoons: Iraq. Hey – maybe this democracy thing does work! The barbaric behavior of Europe's Muslims suggests that the European welfare state may not be attracting your top-notch Muslims.

Making the rash assumption for purposes of discussion that Islam is a religion and not a car-burning cult, even a real religion can't go bossing around other people like this.

Catholics aren't short on rules, but they couldn't care less if non-Catholics use birth control. Conservative Jews have no interest in forbidding other people from mixing meat and dairy. Protestants don't make a peep about other people eating food off one another's plates. (Just stay away from our plates – that's disgusting.)

But Muslims think they can issue decrees about what images can appear in newspaper cartoons. Who do they think they are, liberals?

It's not that people are against the Troops, It's that war in general is sometimes thought of as a waste of lives, and for what at the end of the day, these people will never surrender, they will go underground and recruit a lot of young teenage boys insight them, as they do and they will come out fighting - no matter how many troops you send it wont make an iota of difference to them, they dont put a price on life, if you give up life for Alh you have given him the greatest sacrifice of all. So yes people are against war but support the Troops, because they have no choice in being there, as they would be deserters if they bailed out. It does seem to be mixed messages, but that's how I interpret it in listening to what people are saying.
Purhaps we should blame the Governments and not the Troops, for all wars, as Troops are only doing their Duty. but as history has proved there is always another Dictator waiting in the wings, when one is over thrown.

chrisy":2icf8ywh said:
Purhaps we should blame the Governments and not the Troops, for all wars, as Troops are only doing their Duty. but as history has proved there is always another Dictator waiting in the wings, when one is over thrown.

What happened to Germany after Hitler was removed? War can solve some problems. If we just let Hitler keep going because of the theory that there would be another to take his place then we would all be speaking German now. History has shown that war can solve issues at hand, no mater how nasty it is, it is needed time to time.

I say announce to Iraq that they better take care of this terrorist problem themselves! Their people have a few months to nip it in the bud, or we will level the place. After say 3 months if the suicide bombing has not stopped. Then we pull our guys out, let them have some anarchy for while then level the place with some nukes.

Then send the same letter to Syria, Iran, North Korea, Palestine's.

We are to soft on these people!

aplusmnt":ryojzm71 said:
chrisy":ryojzm71 said:

What happened to Germany after Hitler was removed? War can solve some problems. If we just let Hitler keep going because of the theory that there would be another to take his place then we would all be speaking German now. History has shown that war can solve issues at hand, no mater how nasty it is, it is needed time to time.

I say announce to Iraq that they better take care of this terrorist problem themselves! Their people have a few months to nip it in the bud, or we will level the place. After say 3 months if the suicide bombing has not stopped. Then we pull our guys out, let them have some anarchy for while then level the place with some nukes.

Then send the same letter to Syria, Iran, North Korea, Palestine's.

We are to soft on these people!

It is OK to say nuke these places, but think of the repercussions this will have, you have to remember who else has the bomb, will they go along with it or will they start, as it is said that Russia has helped Iran with nuclear power. will they stand back and let this happen, and the Geneva convention does not allow for things like this to happen, I know sometimes war is all that is left, but it is still a pointless waste of life. This war in the Middle East has been going on since Bible times, I can't see it ending in our life time no matter what we do, let them get on with it and kill themselves, pull out our troops, then see if they leave us alone, if so let them get on with it. It is only that they hold the oil that we got involved in the first place. We should look for it in other places, it must exist.

This war in the Middle East has been going on since Bible times, I can't see it ending in our life time no matter what we do, let them get on with it and kill themselves, pull out our troops, then see if they leave us alone, if so let them get on with it. It is only that they hold the oil that we got involved in the first place. We should look for it in other places, it must exist.

Problem is they do not just want to fight us. They want to kill Israel and Us. If Iran wants to go to war with Iraq as in past, more power to them. But when they want to kill us and our children, then it is time for us to be involved.

I do not believe this war in Iraq is about oil. It is cheaper for us to buy oil, even at the inflated prices they charge now. War is costly in money and human lives. Oil is cheap by those standards. To me this war was about kicking some Muslim a$$. Iraq just happened to be the easiest one for us to start with. We need some strength and credibility in that region, and this is how you get it from these people. If we control Iraq, and have bases there it will be just that much easier to take care of Iran, Syria or whoever else we need to.

Yes Russia has ties with Iraq, but when push comes to shove they have some of the same problems with Muslims as we do. In the end they would not go to war with us over Iran. Russia has to many financial ties with America to risk that over Iran, so does China.

All in all most every world power has Muslim problems. In time we all will have to deal with them, much like we are with Iraq at this time.

They are a religion that believes in World domination much like Hitler. But instead of the Nazi's being in one location (Germany) they are spreading and multiplying through out the world, through immigration. It will probably lead to a much bigger problem than Hitler ever was. The earlier we start the better the chances of containing the problem. Just think about all those people that could have been saved if Hitler would have been stopped earlier instead of later!

chrisy":hk0pz5tg said:
OK aplusmnt, point taken, but I think we must beg to differ on a few points.

I am always willing to beg to differ :) I think if nothing else we have common ground of realizing this is a serious problem and how to solve or contain it is going to be a complicated one.

another $.02 worth.

It's very hard to fight an enemy who is not afraid to die,or who will take their own life even if it means only taking one enemy with them. To them it is a great honor and even a great award awaiting for them in the hereafter.
However their are still american soldiers who think of it as a great honor to serve and die for our great country. In combat you develope a great bond between you and your brothers and sisters fighting along beside you.(you will not understand this unless you've been there and done that).You will not give up your life that easy and let your comrad and country down.
We have so much more to fight for than they do.Therefore we will survive as long as their's a means to live.I think we will win in the end.But how to go about, I just don't know. I don't think it will be in the near future. And I also think in order to win we will either take controll of them or become completely independent of them. THE KEY WORD IS OIL.anyway you look at it. Just ramblin Cal

Latest posts