Carpenter Bee Extermination

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime

Reaction score
I've got droves of Carpenter Bees boring holes in my pole barn and my Mother's Cedar sided house. Thought I was doing a good thing Friday when I mixed some Diazinon and Permethrin in a 2 gal. spayer and hit a few dozen bees with it. Today, I see no dead bees and no decline in numbers. Maybe the stuff killed them, I don't know. Here's the deal: I can stand in one place with the pump up sprayer and hit the bees as they fly by. I'm looking to know what will definately kill them with just a little spray getting on them?

You have to get their nests which are down a tunnel from the hold they bore. Try spraying into the hole with your mixture.
Good luck!

Oh, by the way, husband says spray in the hole, then put your thumb over the hole. If he stings you, you didn't get him. Ask him how he knows.

There is little you can do as far as spraying them. The best thing is to get some poison powder and put it in the holes they are drilling. It will help, but they will be back.

Oh, by the way, husband says spray in the hole, then put your thumb over the hole. If he stings you, you didn't get him. Ask him how he knows.

Gotta love that answer!!

We make a sport out of it here annually. Badmitton Raquets make excellent Wood Bee controllers.My Buddy shoots them with .22 rat shot.

Diesel should make them pack up.

Crowderfarms":t8zb8kk1 said:
We make a sport out of it here annually. Badmitton Raquets make excellent Wood Bee controllers.My Buddy shoots them with .22 rat shot.

Diesel should make them pack up.

Our boys took a little short handled canoe paddle and drilled holes in it. You could hear them screaming and laughing out behind the barn as they batted wood bees. Good, clean fun.

I remember when I was a kid...we'd catch hornets in a jar then grab them by their wings and sting each other with them...but the truth is, about 3/4 of them stung us while we was still trying to grab their wings...seemed like tons of fun back then...for some reason

Yesterday, Diazinon and Permethryn. Today, Spectra Triacicide. Tomorrow, Malathion. I knocked four down today with my hat and stepped on 'em. Wish I had a Badminnton racket. :lol:

Latest posts