Cape Town - Alison; Knersie

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Saw it made the top 10 most dangerous cities. I knew Joburg was dangerous but this was a surprise. What a shame. That city has a very interesting history as the Dutch settled before the native peoples done much there but maybe fish. Great city with grandest setting on earth IMO

Inyati - I think that rumor has been going around for some years now, one must look at the sources. It seems to get revived every year. If you just think about 10 dangerous cities many will pop up before CTown or JHB. It attracts huge amounts of international tourists, this would not be so if one believed everything on the internet ;-) . I stand to be corrected but think it is the most popular destination in Africa.

I would the top most dangerous cities would start in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, see a pattern forming?

I forgot to add the most dangerous town of all ..... That one light town in central Fl! :shock: :shock: :eek: :mrgreen:

alisonb":1z1t0u2a said:
Inyati - I think that rumor has been going around for some years now, one must look at the sources. It seems to get revived every year. If you just think about 10 dangerous cities many will pop up before CTown or JHB. It attracts huge amounts of international tourists, this would not be so if one believed everything on the internet ;-) . I stand to be corrected but think it is the most popular destination in Africa.
Alison, Alan. It was on MSN. Detroit and New Orleans made the list too. So did cities in Iran, Iraq, etc as you would expect

alisonb":2wv60ci2 said:
Alison, I never read the details of all those top 10 headlines. I would think there are more dangerous cities than Cape Town or JHB. When I was going to Africa, I flew either British Airways or SAA. Back then, The Republic of SA had sanctions against them by most of the World so they had a hard time using airspace. They had their commercial passenger jets altered to carry more fuel. You could fly out of Atlanta or New York and make it all the way to Windhoek. There was some Island off the east coast of Africa also that would let SAA make a stop in if they needed unexpected fuel due to winds or airstreams. I was on a plane that had to stop there once. They let us off but we did not go through customs.

Went throught JHB when flying British Airways. I stayed over there a couple times. I remember walking from the motel through an area. I came to a bar and grill. I went in and the guy at the bar told me I should not be walking alone where I was at. He was English. Very nice, said the Afrikaners were different but good people. I had read the history of the Boer Wars so knew the roots of the conflict. The point he made was that a tourist had to be careful of being pulled into a scheme that could put you in the mortuary. It almost happened to me but not in JHB, in Harare. By a cab driver.

BTW: I bet you are correct about it being the most popular tourist city in Africa.

Latest posts