Saturday morning in a small town

Help Support CattleToday:

So, what happened to everybody? Did the silver run out?
A four lane went around the town, the business owners died and a Walmart just up the road. Kind of sad as it had a hardware, farm store, grocery store, furniture store, barbershop, bank, couple of small hotels, laundromat, couple gas station, feed mill, clothing store, doctor, toy store, post office, could buy any guns, ladies of the evening on the corners, winos, drug dealers, etc. It has a dollar store now and the grocery store the owner is 80+ and the store probably want be around long.

Our town is not what I would call real small but definitely not a big city.
My went into town this morning and said guess what I saw in the Dairy Queen drive thru? Knowing what our Main Street has become in recent years my top three guesses were in no particular or possibly a combination of two or all three, drug head, hooker, hobo. Then I thought well those are so common here it's not really newsworthy. I though maybe it was like the time we saw a coyote walking down beside the Wendy's drive thru right at daylight one morning, of course coyotes are common too.
Turns out she saw an elderly couple in a golf cart at the drive thru. She said it made her laugh and think only in a small town. Kind of reminds me of a while back I saw a tractor sitting in the drive thru at a liquor store down town.
Wish we had a fastfood joint. Well we have a subway and 3 stop lights in the county.

Wish we had a fastfood joint. Well we have a subway and 3 stop lights in the county.
Surprisingly, we only have one stoplight in the whole county - but we could use a few more in my opinion. The one light was put in about 10 or 15 years ago on the other side of the county, it had been there for a month or two before I knew anything about it. I noticed the light for the first time as I ran a red light about 6 in the morning with a 24' cattle trailer full of steers. Thankfully, it was 6am and no one was around.

I use to work for a guy in Winchester that sold used equipment and had acres of old machinery for parts. Pretty country
I 64 Tractor? I saw him the other day. Not sure if the business is still going or not, it looks like a lot of that equipment has been cleared out over the last few years.

I 64 Tractor? I saw him the other day. Not sure if the business is still going or not, it looks like a lot of that equipment has been cleared out over the last few years.
No this man did it from his farm. His name was Gernard parke (I probably butched the spelling) I think hes dead now

Latest posts