Canceling cable provider

Help Support CattleToday:

How can you say that about Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise?
I've never seen MM, DIP was ok I suppose, for a bbc production these days. MM isn't funded by the license fee anyway as its made by itv, all license money goes to bbc. (I think americans get confused as most british shows are shown on 'bbc america' I gather when half those shows have nothing to do with the bbc) Paying the license fee is like if you drove to supermarket x to do your shop and had to pay walmart all your money because you drove past it, its an odd system.

Canceled DirecTV and had Dish installed today. Pleasantly surprised and amazed how smooth & easy it went. Dish installer texted with his ETA but was a few minutes early. Super nice guy and finished in record time. Immediately connected to the rep from DirecTV on the phone and I actually enjoyed talking to him - the entire 30 minutes. Dish will be $60 less per month and the installer suggested we use the old DirecTV satellite dish as target practice since they are no longer allowed to haul them away. Brilliant!

I've never seen MM, DIP was ok I suppose, for a bbc production these days. MM isn't funded by the license fee anyway as its made by itv, all license money goes to bbc. (I think americans get confused as most british shows are shown on 'bbc america' I gather when half those shows have nothing to do with the bbc) Paying the license fee is like if you drove to supermarket x to do your shop and had to pay walmart all your money because you drove past it, its an odd system.
MM and DIS both are shown here on DT, Ovation TV which is an American company that also has (that I have watched)
Murdoch Mysteries,
Doc Martin,
Doctor Blake Mysteries,
The Librarians,
A Young Doctor's Notebook,
(and I have once or twice regrettably watched) ,one of the most improbable, worst written, sorriest cast, and acted mystery/whodunits ever filmed:
Frankie Drake.

Other series carried by Ovation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovation_(American_TV_channel)#Programming

MM and DIS both are shown here on DT, Ovation TV which is an American company that also has (that I have watched)
Murdoch Mysteries,
Doc Martin,
Doctor Blake Mysteries,
The Librarians,
A Young Doctor's Notebook,
(and I have once or twice regrettably watched) ,one of the most improbable, worst written, sorriest cast, and acted mystery/whodunits ever filmed:
Frankie Drake.

Other series carried by Ovation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovation_(American_TV_channel)#Programming
Doc Martin good loved that, that and DIP and possibly shetland are some of the uk dramas I can bare to watch

If you want a good old bbc drama show that was very popular over here in the 80s I think try 'all creatures great and small' it follows the lives of big animal vets in Yorkshire, its being remade scene for scene possibly not sure (for the modern audience) so you could choose which to watch if it is availble to view that is, the old version is probably way better though. Any way just thought I'd share that as not sure if that ever made it to the States.

We have rabbit ears on top of the TV, never had cable or paid subscription of any kind. I sometimes watch sports off my daughter's streaming service account. What a tight wad!
(devonian) I watched "all creatures great and small" forty years ago (probably seen each episode at least twice). The new remake is not nearly as good. BBC is ruining its programming with mandated political correctness to the point it is hardly watchable'
We get many BBC programs over the air through Kentucky Educational Television, a nearby transmission with very clear signal.
"Father Brown", a murder mystery set in a 1950 English village is my wife's favorite. It is very well done when compared to American TV but again, is being ruined by pressures to become "woke".

Latest posts