Canadian Angus drink Red Wine

Help Support CattleToday:

Livestock-D":1v6v57vk said:
Canadian cattle producers in western Canada give their Angus cattle a little extra something...
An Angus producers gives her cattle 1 bottle of red wine per day along with their feed.

What does this do?

http://livestock-id.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -wine.html
The Japanese give theirs beer...seems like a huge waste of good beer and wine to me. :mrgreen:

"there is a noticeable difference in the temperament of the cattle, as they are more calm and relaxed in their environment. "

:lol:

I agree a waste of good liquor on cattle, considering they do this for 60 days. But the producer is providing added value, and fulfilling a need for a niche market.

Livestock-D":150tifoc said:
I agree a waste of good liquor on cattle, considering they do this for 60 days. But the producer is providing added value, and fulfilling a need for a niche market.
And just how does he prove they actually got a good quart of wine a day?? Does he show them the empties?? Seems like it would be a dam small niche.

It seems like a tremendous waste of good wine. Far easier and cheaper to marinate your steaks overnight.... that saves about 59 bottles of good wine by my math. :cowboy:

fargus":3w3pq2i9 said:
It seems like a tremendous waste of good wine. Far easier and cheaper to marinate your steaks overnight.... that saves about 59 bottles of good wine by my math. :cowboy:

My thoughts exactly Fargus, I agree 100% would save time and money, and you can use just one class of the bottle, drink the rest while your steaks marinade. I found the story very funny when I first read it....

TexasBred":39xzy1vu said:
Livestock-D":39xzy1vu said:
And just how does he prove they actually got a good quart of wine a day?? Does he show them the empties?? Seems like it would be a dam small niche.

Interesting thought TexasBred, I wonder how they would prove it. Forget about tracking animal diseases and animal movements, we need to track the wine bottles. :lol2:

TexasBred":36uqd5bk said:
Livestock-D":36uqd5bk said:

If they have many to feed, I'm sure they are buying at a discounted rate by the barrel. Wagyu are given beer, they have an extremely abundant very fine marbling, could be the beer, or might just be genetics. I've considered trying beer with some angus at some point, probably Killians Red, so I can have a beer too. :D

RD-Sam":4wctsmd5 said:
TexasBred":4wctsmd5 said:
Livestock-D":4wctsmd5 said:

If they have many to feed, I'm sure they are buying at a discounted rate by the barrel. Wagyu are given beer, they have an extremely abundant very fine marbling, could be the beer, or might just be genetics. I've considered trying beer with some angus at some point, probably Killians Red, so I can have a beer too. :D

Kobe beef :
Contrary to popular belief, the cattle are not fed a beer, and they are not massaged with sake. They are fed on grain fodder and brushed sometimes for setting fur.
The massive increase in popularity of Kobe beef in the United States has led to the creation of "Kobe-style" beef, taken from domestically-raised Wagyu crossbred with Angus cattle, in order to meet the demand. Farms in America and Britain have attempted to replicate the Kobe traditions, providing their Wagyu herds with beer. U.S meat producers claim that any differences between their less expensive "Kobe-style" beef and true Kobe beef are largely cosmetic. The cattle are fed American and/or British grass and grain, which is different from the more expensive Japanese feed. Cuts of American "Kobe-style" beef tend to have darker meat and a bolder flavor.

Btw ,have a "Kobe" Holstein heifer LOL ... :p

ALACOWMAN":jjfal6sg said:
suppose to enhance the flavor of the beef,, i guess they have too feed the liver to the dogs :cowboy:

To enhance the flavour of the dog meat, we regularly feed the dogs liver! :cowboy:

Real Japanese Kobe Beef and American Style Kobe Beef are vastly different, the american style can be crossbred and they don't go to the trouble the japanese do. If you search you will see that the Japanese style are fed beer and get sake rub downs, there are plenty of videos that show them being done. As usual the american product takes a short cut and expects the same results. :roll:

RD-Sam":3oeojaz1 said:
Real Japanese Kobe Beef and American Style Kobe Beef are vastly different, the american style can be crossbred and they don't go to the trouble the japanese do. If you search you will see that the Japanese style are fed beer and get sake rub downs, there are plenty of videos that show them being done. As usual the american product takes a short cut and expects the same results. :roll:

Thanks everyone for your comments, and thank you RD-Sam, some interesting facts on Kobe Beef. :clap:

Latest posts