CAN U MAKE ANY $$$$$$$$$

Help Support CattleToday:

I wondered this myself as I went back and forth on keeping my bulls calves. 800 lbs what would they bring compared to 400-500 lbs, vs the cost of keeping them that long? I usually keep a batch each year for extra income, but all calves are alot of work, and I don't like to have too many in the winter months, due to sickness.

GMN

I sold an 800 lb Holstein a couple of months ago. He brought $80 per 100. I was very surprised and did a happy dance :banana:

He was a big raw boned thing that was about 10 months old. I paid $15 for him. He was raised on one of our cows, then turned out with supplemental grain to keep him used to being penned. He was far from being finished.

chippie":4au3a6qa said:
I sold an 800 lb Holstein a couple of months ago. He brought $80 per 100. I was very surprised and did a happy dance :banana:

He was a big raw boned thing that was about 10 months old. I paid $15 for him. He was raised on one of our cows, then turned out with supplemental grain to keep him used to being penned. He was far from being finished.
Wow that is a homerun. I sold one that weighed 720 about 6-8 weeks ago and he brought $56 and I was about half tickled with that. Maybe they thought he was a longhorn. :lol2:

Sold a yearling steer straight off of pasture that weighed 1010 and he brought 89, made up for the yealring heifer that weigherd 1190 and only brought 65

dun":2fg02f79 said:
Sold a yearling steer straight off of pasture that weighed 1010 and he brought 89, made up for the yealring heifer that weigherd 1190 and only brought 65
on fescue?? Wow. What was wrong with the heifer?

TexasBred":3c9svevd said:
dun":3c9svevd said:
on fescue?? Wow. What was wrong with the heifer?
2 AIs and the bull bred her 3 times on 3 heats. Really a well bred heifer, but fertility is a must

Latest posts