campin before hayin

Help Support CattleToday:

tup

Reaction score
my little girl fawn wants to go real campin for her birthday. oh, and not on our eighty acres. gettin ready to leave and i realized that there is no room in the car for little fawn, because apparently in the process of packing for camping, i got mixed up and well i guess were moving lol. twenty dollars a night for a litte 12by 12 square cut out in the brush. the youngin never asks for much, so we are making this happen. yup right here in bear country, and lets not forget, it's rabies season!! i got to tell ya, the men don't seem to be big helpers in thesefamily vacation matters. though it is our first and it may just be my husband lol.

When I was married the first time, we used to tent camp a lot. It never seemed to bother me then. It was kind of an adventure. Used to take the first son camping all the time, and in fact, the last time I slept in a tent was when I was about eight months pregnant with his little brother.

I have not tent camped since. I don't even own a tent anymore. First hubbie got all the camping equipment in the divorce. I have not really missed it. I would like to buy a camper trailer, though, and start again. My parents used to belong to a camping group and they met once a month at a different park. They had a blast.

Make sure to keep your shoes dry and the tent zipped up. I don't have bears around here, but I did camp in alligator territory once and I was very aware of my surroundings. ;-)

You are going to have a wonderful time ~ bears and rabies and all that jazz! :nod:
I have only ever camped in a tent, every year. If you have an air mattress, its not bad at all.
I always over pack as well :?

Enjoy!!

Keep in mind the most important thing about camping is the campfire and the food - in that order. Everything else will fall into place. Have fun.

wel ya'll, i had such a good time and tent was dry and comfortable. something did happen that i did not forsee. the couple who wanted to camp with us, fought most of the time. we just kept thier youngin occupied and tried to ignore the spats over i think, alot of nothing. my husband cut the trip a little short because of this, and we worked our garden, even if it was Sunday. lammie, get ya a tent a cooler and go, it was worth it. i can't wait to go again. just make sure if you invite another couple that they are not on the verge of divorce.

There is a college near by that will rent out camping gear for cheap. It might be worth looking in to if you have an interest. Also REI will rent gear as well as kayaks and canoes.

Camping is great quality time with the chilluns.

tup":9korbtps said:
wel ya'll, i had such a good time and tent was dry and comfortable. something did happen that i did not forsee. the couple who wanted to camp with us, fought most of the time. we just kept thier youngin occupied and tried to ignore the spats over i think, alot of nothing. my husband cut the trip a little short because of this, and we worked our garden, even if it was Sunday. lammie, get ya a tent a cooler and go, it was worth it. i can't wait to go again. just make sure if you invite another couple that they are not on the verge of divorce.

Ny first hub and I camped on year for spring break, we were both in college, and there was a group down from us that fought all three days we were there. To top it off, it rained all the time and it was cold. My shoes got wet. It was miserable.

Tup, I am too old to sleep on the ground. I don't think my back would allow it any longer.

Latest posts