Camp Cooley Bankruptcy Liquidation

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus In Texas

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here but Camp Cooley Ranch in Franklin is being liquidated today. It will be interesting to see who buys it and what they end up doing with the place. 10,600 contiguous acres with a 1,000 acre game preserve, and tons of improvements. Not to mention several producing gas wells to which all of the previous owner's rights are being transferred (which he does not own 100%). Literature says royalties on the wells for his portion alone were roughly $1.4 million last year.

Kinda sad to know that Camp Cooley as it has been known will probably never be again.

Angus In Texas":2h0rskad said:
Didn't see this posted anywhere on here but Camp Cooley Ranch in Franklin is being liquidated today. It will be interesting to see who buys it and what they end up doing with the place. 10,600 contiguous acres with a 1,000 acre game preserve, and tons of improvements. Not to mention several producing gas wells to which all of the previous owner's rights are being transferred (which he does not own 100%). Literature says royalties on the wells for his portion alone were roughly $1.4 million last year.

Kinda sad to know that Camp Cooley as it has been known will probably never be again.
Did you watch the aerial video on their website?? I could enjoy that beautiful place til the 1st pmt. came due. :lol2: Really set up nice, great facilities, irrigation. Bought a number of cattle at their sales and they definitely knew how to put it on the top shelf. Maybe the new owner will do the same.

TexasBred":uk8jjhxb said:
Angus In Texas":uk8jjhxb said:

Did you watch the aerial video on their website?? I could enjoy that beautiful place til the 1st pmt. came due. :lol2: Really set up nice, great facilities, irrigation. Bought a number of cattle at their sales and they definitely knew how to put it on the top shelf. Maybe the new owner will do the same.

Yes, watched the video..... would say that place is definitely God's country. Very beautiful and beautifully kept. Made it out for a few sales myself but never bought anything.

Seems like if his royalties were 1.4 mil just from the wells he should have been able to make the note.

ALACOWMAN":3jzqq1cm said:
wonder how the drought will effect the sale?

UPDATE
On the Block: Texas's Camp Cooley Ranch
July 25, 2011
by Land Report Editors

JULY 25 UPDATE:
In the midst of a statewide drought that is crippling Texas farms and ranches, Camp Cooley Ranch continues to thrive.

"Camp Cooley is an oasis," says Bernard Uechtritz during a telephone conversation from the headquarters of the Central Texas ranch. "Every other ranch I've seen over the last few weeks has browned up, but not Camp Cooley. It continues to irrigate, to fertilize, and to bale hay. Take a look at that aerial video at Camp Cooley.com. We shot that two weeks ago, and everything was still green. Still is. Name another ranch in Texas that is baling hay in late July." According to Uechtritz, Camp Cooley Ranch has a year round carrying capacity of 4,000 head, and as recently as two weeks ago was running 4,700 head.

guess that answered that .... it should read.... every other ranch around continues to brown up,, but not camp cooley... we continue to through money around like candy :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":1gzk1t6u said:
guess that answered that .... it should read.... every other ranch around continues to brown up,, but not camp cooley... we continue to through money around like candy :cowboy:
I guess the bank that now owns it is trying to recoup some money selling hay. Seems like a good year for it to work. I'm wondering when they'll start selling semen and embryos as they also own tens of thousands of those.

Latest posts