calving season started update

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
2 bull calves one feb 1st and one today. another one off by herself. i had them preg cked in nov. and the one that calved monday was(3mon), i had a date of 4/20 when the bull was put in and he was after her. and the one that calved today(6mon). one off by herself was (5mon). eight cows were 7-8 months one of them calved 12/10(the fence was down during the ice storm) and the others are close but nothing yet.
i sometimes wish they would say bred or open instead of trying to guess.

Well, at least they're alive.

I'm guessing accuracy isn't their best skill.

My 1st one of the season arrived 3 weeks sooner than I expected (I guess I counted wrong :oops: ) a pretty black/brockle faced heifer just as spunky as all get out. My 2nd and 3rd ones arrived this past Sunday, both heifers, one dead and one alive & kicking.

Good luck with the rest of your calving.

Katherine

i really only use one vet that is close to the calving date, that herd is to far to travel to. the vet over there is good but not that accurate on months. i am very thankful :clap: :banana: , the weather was bad last weekend 10 inches of snow they waited till it started melting.

well i wanted to update have had 10 calves since the first of the month. 6 bulls and 4 heifers, some of the cows have moved way up from april to february. fall group(1 is a spring cow who calves real early) has 5 heifers and 6 steers. steers are ahead this year last was 8 heifers in a row.

Latest posts