Calves on tubs

Help Support CattleToday:

Mom's must be lacking in the milk department? The cost of feeding tubs is to high for my operation. For the cost of a ton of tubs, I can feed 3+ tons of cotton seed.

Calves lick tubes because their calves it has nothing to do with milk.
The natural protein in the tubs is a good thing. The urea does no harm or good for calves.

I feed cottonseed to one herd and tubs to two others. Anyone who thinks there is no situations where tubs are cheaper needs to take a class in business.

callmefence":2pztx4kn said:
The natural protein in the tubs is a good thing. The urea does no harm or good for calves.

I feed cottonseed to one herd and tubs to two others. Anyone who thinks there is no situations where tubs are cheaper needs to take a class in business.
No doubt what works for one operation isn't the best for the next. I was under the impression that all a Brahma cow needed was land and she could do the rest. Brahman cattle must not be so super duper after all.

True Grit Farms":pauiy2ou said:
callmefence":pauiy2ou said:

No doubt what works for one operation isn't the best for the next. I was under the impression that all a Brahma cow needed was land and she could do the rest. Brahman cattle must not be so super duper after all.

Boy your overrun with dumbazz this morning. Get some coffee in you and check back in.

True Grit Farms":1afgger7 said:
callmefence":1afgger7 said:

Do those look like Brahman calves? :???:

True Grit Farms... IF you are going to come screw up a thread at least bring some witty stuff we can enjoy.

callmefence":26nnrnok said:

I kind of figured that was the deal... molasses is like candy for them I assume.

Brute 23":lu20u9sv said:
True Grit Farms":lu20u9sv said:
callmefence":lu20u9sv said:

Do those look like Brahman calves? :???:

True Grit Farms... IF you are going to come screw up a thread at least bring some witty stuff we can enjoy.

I could show dozens of times he's contridiced himself trying to stir things up. Does it so often he can't even keep up with his own shyt.

Brute 23":2p20hisz said:
callmefence":2p20hisz said:

I kind of figured that was the deal... molasses is like candy for them I assume.

Never fed my cows candy, is that what makes a Brahma's ears droop or grow a hump?

True Grit Farms":65oxl9i2 said:
Brute 23":65oxl9i2 said:
callmefence":65oxl9i2 said:

Never fed my cows candy, is that what makes a Brahma's ears droop or grow a hump?

Yes

True Grit Farms":36agsuj9 said:
Brute 23":36agsuj9 said:
callmefence":36agsuj9 said:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/10/news/ec ... index.html

TexasBred":sd2y80fv said:
True Grit Farms":sd2y80fv said:
Brute 23":sd2y80fv said:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/10/news/ec ... index.html
I've been to a couple of those farms, Randy Kibler in Virginia claims he has $.08 in a pound of gain? He feeds anything he can get his hands on, 5 or 6 Simi loads of out dated crap a day.

Lots here feed candy in the mix. I still find it hard to feed it with the wrappers still on much of it. It's just my preception not actual facts.

callmefence":icf6fqwd said:

How much are your tubs costing per pound?

RanchMan90":pkk0bxxf said:
callmefence":pkk0bxxf said:

I'm paying 80.00 for a 28percent pvm cooked tub. 225 pounds with about half protein coming from urea half natural.

callmefence":3ag3ijnn said:
RanchMan90":3ag3ijnn said:
callmefence":3ag3ijnn said:

I'm paying 80.00 for a 28percent pvm cooked tub. 225 pounds with about half protein coming from urea half natural.
I'm guilty of owning some tubs myself to get my cows to clean up some stockpiled grass. Sure is handy to not have to check them all week too. Broke out the first hay bale this weekend costing $1 per head per day, tubs are costing 63¢ per day. That's more than I can afford. Going to switch to 3 lbs of ddg per day for 30¢ a day to bring down costs with hay. Ddg is 28% protein also. Your oats doing well?

Latest posts