calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Brad Allison

Reaction score
Alice, I also failed to mention that when you pick her up to stand she does. She will stand for as much as an hour or two. She is not so weak the she collapses. I have spent a fortune on this heifer. I usually don't spend this much in a year on my cows.

Brad Allison":3w45nqvs said:
Alice, I also failed to mention that when you pick her up to stand she does. She will stand for as much as an hour or two. She is not so weak the she collapses. I have spent a fortune on this heifer. I usually don't spend this much in a year on my cows.

Ok, she's panting...have you tried Draxin? It's touted as the magic bullet, which it isn't of course, but when it works, it works good.

Also, if you are tubing her milk replacer, tube her more than you are...like 4 pints 3 times a day and squirt a bunch of probios down her. Anytime you give antibiotics, use probios. Have you tried any banamine along with the antibiotics? Try some of that if you haven't.

Alice

It's a microbial...

When antibiotics are given it destroys ALL of the bacteria, good and bad. Good bacteria is needed for the calf to digest/process the nutrition it is receiving. I'll make a special trip to town to get microbials/probios if I'm out, before I'll put any kind of antibiotic into a calf. In a pinch, and if I have it, I'll feed the calf buttermilk or yogurt to act as the microbial.

Alice

Latest posts