Calf poop

Help Support CattleToday:

IF you can get a baby calf bought right and get it bottle broke, it'll turn ya a small profit just by bottle breaking it and holding it 2 weeks to make sure its healthy.

Just stay away from dairy calves.
Don't get hardly any bottle calves in the sale barn. Only had two pairs that I saw yesterday out of 2,000 head. No other calves there. May start popping in there more often just to see if I can get myself in trouble.

My Trusti Tuber bottle is 4 liters, which is 4.226 quarts. Bought it specifically for tubing (BEST EVER!!) but comes with a nipple for bottle feeding.

Just ordered this. Thanks for the link! The graft calf we have has been impossible to clear scours on. Never had a case of scours so hard to get rid of. Never seen anything like this tuber. Hopefully this will be gentler on him.

Last edited:
Just ordered this. Thanks for the link! The graft calf we have has been impossible to clear scours on. Never had a case of scours so hard to get rid of. Never seen anything like this tuber. Hopefully this will be gentler on him.
IMO by far the best tuber out there. Doesnt crack and leak like the thin plastic ones in colder climates.

IMO by far the best tuber out there. Doesnt crack and leak like the thin plastic ones in colder climates.
Really appreciate that. We don't use them often but it seems when we do use one we have it's either cracked before use or cracks with use. Just spent $60 on another one and after 3 feedings it's trying to crack. This one will be here tomorrow. Only 2-3 more electrolyte treatments before it should arrive. Hopefully this one lasts that long.
Have you treated for coccidiosis? I use Sulfa boluses for treatment.
We have been treating him but not with sulfa boluses. Haven't been able to get them around here but have been able to get some coming finally. Hopefully this is over before they arrive but if not we do have them coming and will have them on hand. Do have him on some electrolytes talked about on the forum now. Hopefully that will get him going in the right direction.

Latest posts